IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver’s side rear quarter glass got busted last week. Nothing was stolen - the jerks got spooked and took off before they could take anything. I purchased the OEM glass from Subaru directly but can’t find ANY install instructions at all on the internet. I’ve been searching all day. Does anyone have any tips on how to do the install DIY? Or links to how-to vids? Any help would be totally appreciated! Last resort is finding someone to take it to but I’d like to do it myself if I can.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
You have to cut out the old window--it's (glass adhesive) bonded to the body--and clean everything up. You then need a window adhesive (something like 3M glass adhesive). The new quarter glass should have come with locator "pins"/clips installed, which will make everything simple--apply adhesive and pop into place.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hey @awenthol thanks for responding! When the glass was broken, I was able to completely remove the rubber seal from the window frame, and then take any broken glass out of the seal. Are you talking about gluing the seal into the window frame? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Nevermind--I was thinking the rear glass was adhered to the body, and didn't realize it was part of the door. I cannot comment--disregard my post :/

·
Registered
26 Posts
Haven’t done this on a wrx, but generally you have to take off the door panel. This will give you access to the rear window, remove the bigger rear window then you can start working on removing the smaller glass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts