IW STi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started a project of refreshing my rear brakes by flushing fluid, replacing my shitty wheelstuds with ARP studs along with installing new centric high carbon rear rotors and new Project Mu rear pads all at the same time.

Trying to get the new rotor mounted on the new studs and found it will not clear the ebrake drum. Infact, it won't fit my old worn rotor back on either, tried it just for shits and giggles and to make sure my new rotors are the right size (they are).

I turned the star adjuster at the bottom of the drum to full loose but I'm not sure it's actually shrinking the circumference to get more clearance, the edge of the drum friction material is still barely catching the inner rotor lip. I've turned the star adjuster up and down a good chunk of its range and nothing visually looks out of place.

Does anyone have a rear drum tips/tricks? ...or a manual if I need to actually disassemble the ebrake drums.

·
Registered
393 Posts
make sure the pads are centerred too...i will sometimes use the lower edge to pull it up while placing on studs...also normally completely collapse the adjuster to help

1 - 2 of 2 Posts