IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Former Site Owner
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently visited Subaru of Sherman Oaks (previously part of Big Vally Dodge; Big Valley sold the Subaru franchise to Casa Auto Group). They had a blue 2008 Subaru WRX with a few upgrades, so I snapped some pics. Sorry for not being the best, but I got as many of the items I thought important to Subaru enthusiasts. If you live in SoCal, drop me a PM. Subaru of Sherman Oaks will be holding some events in the future, especially when the STIs come around.

Aftermarket Grille & Aero Kit

Stubby Antenna, Dual Rear Exhausts, Rear Trunk Spoiler

Aluminum Wheels?

205/50/17" Tires

Sticker

Engine Bay

Hood Dampers

Repositioned Battery

Intake

Intercooler & Intake Manifold (looks very similar to the Legacy)

Downpipe & Turbo (looks similar to Legacy)

Hood Scoop (engine bay side)

Hood Scoop (exterior view)

Exhaust System

Suspension & Underbody

Interior

New Steering Wheel Stereo Controls

New Navigation Option

Seat Warmers Option

Center Passthrough

·
Registered
839 Posts
snorky said:
i never understood the concept of cup holders in doors.
You would be surprised. My wife has 6 cupholders in her Rav4 and she has all of them filled with something....tanning lotion, water bottles, baby bottles, etc. They are an improvement over the old style map pockets but if i had them in my car I know I wouldn't ever use them.

I guess chalk it up to Subaru wanting this car to appeal to a broader audience and having more cupholders to advertise about would get the point across. Most consumers really do consider how many cupholders a car has....maybe I will ask my wife why that matters :).

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
I like it...

but damn... 30K?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I hate that they got rid of the flared fenders tho. Now that i look at them. the fenders look like they came off a neon srt4 heh. I still like the car tho :)
I wanna see some real pics of the Hatch

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
looking at the sedan, i could see a decent sti version forming if they had gone that route. Better than the hatch at least...

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Sorry buy I am just so disappointed by the 08 Sedan

I mean honestly, I can't even begin to like it. It has some nice features, but overall I just dislike, I might even hate it. I seriously wouldn't even recomend it:

Why is it smiling at me?

And excuse my language but WTF is up with those taillights?....???:confused::confused::confused:

$30,000+ for that? For a worse-than-previous-year-model WRX Sedan? (personal opinion). I paid less than that for my brand new 05 STi!!!!

Is that a plastic manifold on my 30+ thousand dollar car?

Personal opinion and a little bit of a rant but come on! If the wrx is 30 grand and looks like this! What will the STi cost (35+) and what kind of parts will it have? :confused::confused::confused::confused: :(:(

·
Registered
245 Posts
Re: Sorry buy I am just so disappointed by the 08 Sedan

i hadn't seen the tail lights before...they are pretty horrendous. I'm not sure what to say about the plastic manifold either, i mean...yikes.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts

I am sure Subaru will be dissappointed with the new Impreza when they can't give them away. Wow. A WRX costs 30 large now? downgrade + large increase in price=good luck Subaru!

CB

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts

ok, the 30K is a bad deal. Not only would I not pay that for a WRX. But i don't see how they will be able to keep the pricing down on the STi. looks like those suckers are going to be like 40K

Oh and that thing is ugly as hell.

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Ok, now that i have seen all these pics i can offically say I don't like it at all. The exhaust setup is kinda restrictive. not a fan of the rear, I don't like the new door cards, I think the old ones with inlays looked much better.

·
Premium Member
5,291 Posts
My heart dropped for a second. I thought that was an STi, till i read the thread. I started getting super excited since it was a sedan. Damnit subaru, why can the sti be a sedan, more so a fu*king 2 door like everyone asks!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts