IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok My plan is to start with a Godspeed downpipe and the Blitz sus intake. Is this a good start or should I be investing in something else first?
How much should I expect to pay for the Godspeed downpipe and where can I get it?Also I want to get a boost controller but wouldnt it be best to wait for some engine management first?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
A downpipe/midpipe is a great first mod. The rear section of the exhaust itself is only really worth 5-6 hp compared to the ~25 in the DP and midpipe.

Intakes....Guru/God continues to say he likes the Blitz along with the rest of his extensive mods. However, some people have felt intakes to be detrimental to power and drivability.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Stinsanity said:
Ok My plan is to start with a Godspeed downpipe and the Blitz sus intake. Is this a good start or should I be investing in something else first?
How much should I expect to pay for the Godspeed downpipe and where can I get it?Also I want to get a boost controller but wouldnt it be best to wait for some engine management first?
Keep in mind that an increase the exhaust gas flow is going to affect the operation of the wastegate. How much depends on the change, but you could see boost spikes (usually on shifts) if you modify the exhaust. A lot of people run boost controllers for that reason.

I guess some also see boost creep, although I don't understand the issue there. I'm told it is related to the design of the integrated wastegate on the IHI turbo. Solution is to port it I hear. I can't really comment since I don't understand the issue to begin with : )

-st

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where can I get the godspeed downpipe and how much should I expect to pay?

Regarding this boost creep are you saying I need a boost controller to prevent it? If so should I get a manual oe electronic?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Electronic controllers are generally better at containing boost creep. I had a Hallman MBC and had terrible boost creep. When I switched to the Greddy Profec B Type II it all went away. :)

Oh and I have been told to keep the boost under 20psi and you should not have a problem. Better verify that with other sources (like Godspeed)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts