IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's starting to get cold in Canada - and I live in the south part. There's been a few nights near freezing in my part of the country and I've noticed a significant difference in the handling of the RE070's in the morning.

In the summer those things stuck like glue and now it seems that every time I take a corner hard on the way to work I'm starting to get the back end out. Damn it's fun!

But, at the same time its a reminder to get my ass in gear and get the winter's on there. I've got a dealer looking for Hakka 2's for me and the ROTA's are coming so it's just a matter of time.

Lars

·
Registered
595 Posts
Sub box

I have to agree on the grip level going down as the temps do. It is only geting down to 40-50F during the night here, but I to am getting tail happy. The Dunlop M3's are waiting for the call for the first snow.

It is more fun driving with the tires spinning. :D

T

·
0 Posts
Summer tires are best when used at 7C or above. If the temp. goes down below that you will see a gradual loss in grip. I would recommend changing tires very shortly, or at least have them ready to be put on. I'm getting mine installed in Toronto next monday. Snow should be coming any second now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Automotive classes in new york

Hey Turbs:

I've got the Tarmac II's on the way. I've emailed Dunlop and they tell me the M3's are on the way from Europe and should be here in the Toronto area any day. I've also looked at the Blizzak LM22's.

What combination did you end up with?

Cheers, Phun

T

·
0 Posts
I went with the SDR's are Dunlop M3's. Tireworks In Mississauga says they have them in stock already so you might want to check there. The LM22's are also a very good choice, I was on the fence for the longest time between those 2 mentioned above, but the M3's won out cause they seem to be better performers on the pavement and in slush. But Blizzaks are better in snow...So "they" say anyhow, who knows! :-?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just received my M3's from Tireworks today. Had them mounted on SDR's and waiting for snow to come! ;)

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ssitu said:
I just received my M3's from Tireworks today. Had them mounted on SDR's and waiting for snow to come! ;)
Any problems dealing with the guys at Tireworks? They're my backup if my dealer for Nokians falls through.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The guys at Tireworks are great! Got my tires a couple of days after I ordered them. Only problem was with UPS! The shipped my 3 tires first, and the last one was routed incorrectly, :mad: so I got it a day later

1 - 8 of 8 Posts