IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am driving trough an intersection and I get a horrible noise from my {car's :p } rear end. I pull over, check out my driver's rear tire, and there is the head of a bolt showing trough my tire tread. I changed the tire{love that donut} and had a shop look at it. Everyone gathers around for a laugh and identifies the foreign object as a GM head bolt. They pulled it out and it is about 5" long! Now to find a replacement.I called around and around. The dealer told me where to get one and that vendor told me he doen't have them and was not getting any. I ended up calling Tirerack.com and they are overnighting me one. $175.00 for the tire and $50.00 for the overnight. You got to pay to play....I guess. My next mod is to get rid of the freakin' donut.

·
Registered
347 Posts
WooHoo!

Wow. Who woulda thunk that you could suffer GM quality problems like that after getting rid of the Grand Prix?

Do you expect any problems from having any problems resulting from having 3 used and 1 new tire on the car? With a car that new, I generally wouldn't think so, but these Potenza's are supposed to wear so quickly...

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crazytrain said:
Wow. Who woulda thunk that you could suffer GM quality problems like that after getting rid of the Grand Prix?

Do you expect any problems from having any problems resulting from having 3 used and 1 new tire on the car? With a car that new, I generally wouldn't think so, but these Potenza's are supposed to wear so quickly...
Good question. Which wheel should I put the new tire on? Does it matter with AWD? I guess that I will put it on the driver's rear.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
1000 Miles today... oil is changed .... LET THE FUN BEGIN !

A road hazard warranty might be worth getting. I kept getting flats on my Civic so I got that warranty and it saved me some money before. I think the WRX has it too but I'm not sure. It might have it for the Dunlop Winter M2's that I got, I'd have to check. Yeah it sucks though for you :-?

·
Registered
858 Posts
go to your local AMERICA's TIRE store. asked them about buying new REs for your car.

then ask if they would sell you a warranty for the ones you have now...

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Hummer said:
My next mod is to get rid of the freakin' donut.
what does this mean? replace it with a better donut? drive with no spare? surely not the latter given it just saved you butt (from which that horrible sound was not eminating). :)

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
i just blew mine too :( happened at 3 am in the middle of no where.about 2 hours after a rock flew into my windsheild and left a nice lil crack :evil: i had to drive on the donut for 4 hours before i found a place that had a used tire my size,to get me home. it really sucked having to put my sub box int he back seat w/ my son and dog for that long. at least they both slept thru the whole thing. anyway... i just ordered mine form tire rack as well. my dealer doesn't stock bridgestones,and the rest of my area is without power due to the hurricane :cry:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts