IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way of wiring the headlights so that the high beams light up when you run the regular lights, so you'll get 2 sets of lights when you turn your headlights on instead of one set....i think it would look pretty cool if you could get that circle part to light up....you know wut i mean??..

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
STiLL said:
Is there any way of wiring the headlights so that the high beams light up when you run the regular lights...
hmm. sounds like a good way to piss people off. anyway, you can do what i think you want without any rewiring: just keep the left stalk pushed forward; this is what you do to turn on your high beam. just leave it pushed forward. when you turn your headlights on, all six lights will come on. i'd really suggest you try living with this for a while before you go cutting into your wiring and then regretting it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Warrenty with mod?

just keep the left stalk pushed forward; this is what you do to turn on your high beam. just leave it pushed forward. when you turn your headlights on, all six lights will come on. i'd really suggest you try living with this for a while before you go cutting into your wiring and then regretting it.
oh i'm in no hurry...i was just talking to a buddy who drives a gti and apparently all the vw guys have a way of re-wiring their headlights so they drive with both sets on.....i was just wonderin if that could be done on the STi... thanks anyway... :p

·
Registered
382 Posts
ours run with both on when you hit the highbeams, i guess on the VWs the lowbeams go out. Just go out to your car, flip on the lights, and hit the highbeams. Both will be lite up. TA-DA :lol:

·
Registered
99 Posts
STiLL said:
oh i'm in no hurry...i was just talking to a buddy who drives a gti and apparently all the vw guys have a way of re-wiring their headlights so they drive with both sets on.....i was just wonderin if that could be done on the STi... thanks anyway... :p
I think your talking about the built in fog lights. I had a Passat and the inside lights were fog lights and the outside lights were high/low beams. I always kept the fogs on because it looked much better with all the lights on.

·
wie geht es ihnen?
2,218 Posts
be aware, running the lights and high beams at the same time is illegal in some states.

you may have the fuzz pull you over and ask "what's with the christmas tree?"

:)

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
On my GTi I had three sets of lights, the lows, the highs, and the fogs. I have heard of people wiring thwe fogs so that they are on all the time, but it is not the hard to turn them on. I agree with the people above, you better be careful about blinding people and pissing them off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts