IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay retuned. Made a new high of 312 whp and 306 ft lbs of torque at 17 PSI. I made a more realistic 306 whp and 305 ft lbs of torque at 16.7 PSI though. I heard a tad of knock at 17 PSI. This is on 93 octane. I am at 60% duty cycle on the 850 cc injectors. All running well and yes the timing came back once the car saw that it was tuned properly from last time. Mods are as follows:
Turbo XS intake (I will try the Blitz SUS tomorrow)
Godspeed downpipe
APS DR650 FMIC
PE 850cc injectors
Denso 310 l//hr fuel pump
Blitz BOV
Greddy E-Manage

I am on stock turbo and stock exhaust. Comments? I will try to scan the dyno sheet tomorrow.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stop on in sometime Double J. I have an AWD dyno and full fabrication facilties as well. In fact I am the only shop in the midwest with both an AWD Dyno and full steel and alluminum fabrication services under one roof.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Are there no concentric bolts for the front camber?

Dan,

Great results. What kind of numbers can we expect with your "stage 1" package (Intake, boost controller, downpipe)?

Thanks!
FD

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are seeing around a 30 whp increase with our stage 1. Even more with stage 1+ (which is e-manage) but requires tuning.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
D'oh! That reminds me, I need to scan my baseline sheet for everyone from Friday.

Guru, what was your initial baseline (if you ran one) and on what brand of dyno?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a dynapack 5000 dyno. THE best dyno for tuning. I had a baseline of 248 whp at 15 PSI.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We are seeing around a 30 whp increase with our stage 1. Even more with stage 1+ (which is e-manage) but requires tuning.
Dan,
What is included in the stage 1? I don't see it on your website. Also what is the price?

I would like to start modding my car but need some help and direction. I'm new to Subarus. I would like to get an intake, header, exhaust, boost controller and turbo upgrade. I guess I'll have to wait for some kind of ECU upgrade before I get the turbo upgrade. Could you please contact me with some suggestions and prices on the parts I've listed and any thing I might have forgot.

Thanks,
Kevin
[email protected]

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stage 1 is:

Godspeed downpipe
Blitz SUS intake
Boost controller (E-01 or SBC-id)

Stage 1+ adds:
E-Manage with fuel/timing harness
Tuning

You can not install a cat back on this car without porting the turbo actually. It will boost creep badly. A header can be added to my stage 1+ if you like. TO do turbo upgrade you need bigger injectors, larger MAF pipe and a bigger FMIC. It is a costly proposition. I managed to squeek out an additional 64 whp with a few mods if you care to look at my other thread.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Guru;

I noticed that you used a TurboXS intake on your first post, but your Stage 1 kit (is this official, orderable, et al?) contains a Blitz SUS, instead. Is there any particular reason for this? Does the TXS intake give more power? Also, I thought a SUS would cause the car to run lean?

BTW, I don't see E-01 on your website (price?) nor a Stage 1 pkg price. Do I need to request for a quote to get prices?

Lastly, what is the recommended Stage 1 composition? Blitz SUS or TXS intake? E-01 or SBC-id... or does it matter at all in terms of generating extra 30 whp?

Thanks,

-Rich

·
Registered
779 Posts
Guru said:
Stage 1 is:

Godspeed downpipe
Blitz SUS intake
Boost controller (E-01 or SBC-id)

Stage 1+ adds:
E-Manage with fuel/timing harness
Tuning

You can not install a cat back on this car without porting the turbo actually. It will boost creep badly. A header can be added to my stage 1+ if you like. TO do turbo upgrade you need bigger injectors, larger MAF pipe and a bigger FMIC. It is a costly proposition. I managed to squeek out an additional 64 whp with a few mods if you care to look at my other thread.
You mean turbo back, right? Just a cat back system is not going to induce boost creep.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
since his downpipe is part of the kit, adding a catback would complete the turbo back setup.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rjhang said:
Guru;

I noticed that you used a TurboXS intake on your first post, but your Stage 1 kit (is this official, orderable, et al?) contains a Blitz SUS, instead. Is there any particular reason for this? Does the TXS intake give more power? Also, I thought a SUS would cause the car to run lean?

BTW, I don't see E-01 on your website (price?) nor a Stage 1 pkg price. Do I need to request for a quote to get prices?

Lastly, what is the recommended Stage 1 composition? Blitz SUS or TXS intake? E-01 or SBC-id... or does it matter at all in terms of generating extra 30 whp?

Thanks,

-Rich
Actually no the SUS does not run lean. THe reason we changed it is simple. We have VERY few SUS kits and we'd rather sell them than have one sitting around on a car so we switched to Turbo XS intake. THey are both decent but yes I prefer the SUS. PLease e-mail me on pricing right now. I'm working on adding an STI section with data but it's a lot of data. NOt sure what I'lll put in there and what I'll leave out. Bear with me, the website is being slowly updated in it's entirety. YOu can use either the E-01 or the SBCid. If you plan on going emanage, we recommend the E-01 since you can link them together and actually make adjustments and datalogging on the E-01.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can not install a cat back on this car without porting the turbo actually. It will boost creep badly.

Dan,
Why do you think the STI will creep if you add a cat back without porting the turbo? How did you come upon this bit of information?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
palo said:
You can not install a cat back on this car without porting the turbo actually. It will boost creep badly.

Dan,
Why do you think the STI will creep if you add a cat back without porting the turbo? How did you come upon this bit of information?
This has been confirmed many times actually here and on nasioc. Basically the theory goes that the creep is the result of the turbine becoming more favorable with increased exhaust gas velocity. I wonder how much is attibuted to the ECU's control of the wastegate, but either way it happens.

-st

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I figured out it was boost creeping the first week I had the car 7 months ago. I made the announcement on the web boards but not many people would listen to me. Sometimes people are stubborn and have to try for themselves. I always warn my customers before they go trying to bolt on both a downpipe and cat back setup. It was clearly evident on both dyno testing and road testing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts