IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Re: Deek's 08 STi - warranty rebuild, and then some

That dry carbon wrap got me very interested. How much did a sheet cost you and how long is "forever"? :lol: I'd love to do my wing with it. That shit looks amazing! :tup:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)

I bought an 18 ft roll (52" wide I think) directly from Hexis USA for somewhere around $300 and have plenty left. I have an account with them if you want me to get you a roll. I think they sell it by the yard now, I'd have to check.. You want alligator skin texture? Can do! :lol: I've only ordered from them once but they're very accommodating and helpful.

I'm a very OCD/anal person, I took off the rain gutter strips, spoiler and antenna to make it clean. It took my friend (moomoowater) and I roughly 4 hours. I could probably do it quicker now that I'm a bit more familiar with the process... then again maybe not, cause my OCD will never dissipate. ;)

·
Registered
911 Posts

I bought an 18 ft roll (52" wide I think) directly from Hexis USA for somewhere around $300 and have plenty left. I have an account with them if you want me to get you a roll. I think they sell it by the yard now, I'd have to check.. You want alligator skin texture? Can do! :lol: I've only ordered from them once but they're very accommodating and helpful.

I'm a very OCD/anal person, I took off the rain gutter strips, spoiler and antenna to make it clean. It took my friend (moomoowater) and I roughly 4 hours. I could probably do it quicker now that I'm a bit more familiar with the process... then again maybe not, cause my OCD will never dissipate. ;)
Hmm, now that I think about it, a WRB STi with an alligator skin texture wing would look pretty damn good. Just think of all the :eek: looks I would get. :lol:

With that wrap, can you pretty much wrap anything with it?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Hmm, now that I think about it, a WRB STi with an alligator skin texture wing would look pretty damn good. Just think of all the :eek: looks I would get. :lol:

With that wrap, can you pretty much wrap anything with it?
You're only limited by your imagination I suppose.

Deek via Tapatalk on the GNEX.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
Re: Deek's 08 STi - THE NOISE... big things.

Time to make some changes, this is just a start, stay tuned... Got these from the UPS man today, it's been a long 2 month wait.

The 275/40-17 Michelin PS2's will be mounted on Friday.

CLICK FOR MORE PICS!
SSR Type-F 17x9.5 +40, 5x114.3

·
Registered
35 Posts

Great lookin scoob! Love those rims too. Im about to take the plunge into using the 3M 1080 Vinyl now that I saw they make WHITE CF... in love.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Great lookin scoob! Love those rims too. Im about to take the plunge into using the 3M 1080 Vinyl now that I saw they make WHITE CF... in love.
Yeah there's lots of creative colors and patterns available. Plans for exterior in the future are simple; matte white pearl.

Deek via Tapatalk on the GNEX.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

SSR and fat meat installed...

SSR Type-F 17x9.5 +40, 5x114.5
Micheline Pilot Sport PS2 275/40

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Re: Deek's 08 STi - THE NOISE... HELLA-MEATY: SSR Type-F & 275/40

Thanks! :)

I made an appointment with a semi-local 'fender rolling celebrity' (AWDalbert) to make more room for the 275's. I rubbed a little today while accelerating pretty hard through an intersection to avoid getting my rear end remodeled by some idiot driving under the influence of her phone. There was a dip in the intersection and when I went through it, I heard it rub. Didn't notice any damage to the tire though, phew!

Going to see him tomorrow after work to get this sorted out. I'm a pretty picky individual but he's got lots of vouches, I'll post up with my experience after all is said and done.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Re: riDEEKulous STi - #HELLAMEATY | SSR / FP Black / AquaMist / Maddad / etc.

AWDalbert (link in previous post) did his thing, no more rubbing under any driving condition and even have room to reduce rear camber to -1.4 or maybe even more.

More things on order, updated first post. Still not divulging too many details, but I think it paints a pretty understandable picture. ;)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Re: riDEEKulous STi - #HELLAMEATY | SSR / FP Black / AquaMist / Maddad / etc.

Aquamist goodies delivered today... HSF-4 + Howerton Twin Tank (baffled).

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Re: riDEEKulous STi - #HELLAMEATY | SSR / FP Black / AquaMist / Tomei / etc.

Today's deliveries. :D

Group photo!

Tomei branding...

ACT Streetlite Flywheel

PTP Turbo Blanket

ID PnP Adapters

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #74

Today's arrivals!

ENGINE! ...and FP Black (HTA3582) :D :D :D

Group photo... Showcasing TurboXS FMIC.

NGK 1 Step Colder Plugs.

Grimmspeed 2x Thick Gaskets.

Forge BPV.

DEI Titanium Wrap (For Tomei EL Headers)

I have no clue what this shit is, I'm assuming part of the FMIC kit???

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #75

When does it end!? :D

Today's group photo!

Aeromotive fuel system (Top Feed).

DeatschWerks DW65c fuel pump & kit.

AEM IAT sensor.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #76 (Edited)

The fun begins this weekend! Can't wait!

Recieved these today... KSTech 9.5mm phenolic spacers with gaskets & hardware.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #77

Let the fun begin... removed the hood, front bumper and front fender linings, then drove it to the shop.

The removed parts resting safely in the house.

·
Registered
757 Posts

nice man! it looks like you have a fun week or so ahead of you! good luck and take your time and enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #80 (Edited)

nice man! it looks like you have a fun week or so ahead of you! good luck and take your time and enjoy it.
Jealous!
Excited to see the results!
Thanks guys, I'll keep this updated. Check out the links in the first post as well, they'll be updated more frequently.

Last bit of parts, didn't get around to posting them Friday cause I was a bit under the weather.

ProSport Halo Gauges; Boost, AFR, Oil Pressure, EGT

61 - 80 of 285 Posts