IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Re: Deek's 08 STi - AW/BBS

Thanks for stopping in Mike, I was definitely sad when you told me you had to sell the 07. I remember the day well, 2008.05.31 I drove to Irvine Subaru to give you the keys to the 07, and take possession of the 08. It was really hard to see 'her' go, but knowing my new 08 was sitting 40 yards away made it a little less painful.

I've received a few PMs from the buyer you sold to as well, feeling a little bad cause I don't think I replied to the latest one months ago though. :(

My car is with Subaru (or the sublet body shop) getting some spot welds sorted out under warranty. I'm supposed to have it back on Friday so I made an appointment for Saturday morning to get an alignment, things are a hair off since the steering rack bushing installation. Hopefully everything lines up, I'd like to have my car for this weekend. Headed to Dave & Busters at the Ontario Mills mall Saturday evening for my girl's birthday.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Re: Deek's 08 STi - "theNoise"

Added a few things to the Pending Items list;
- Mushimoto Aluminum Radiator (Purchased 2011.09.23)
- Mushimoto Radiator Hoses - Black (Ordered 2011.09.24)
- Whiteline 22mm Front & Rear Swaybars (Ordered 2011.09.24)
- Kartboy Front & Rear Endlinks (Ordered 2011.09.24)

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)

Installed the Whiteline 22mm adjustable rear swaybar with supports and Kartboy rear endlinks tonight. Tomorrow I'll be putting on the front Whiteline (22mm adj) swaybar with Kartboy endlinks.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Installed the Whiteline 22mm adjustable front swaybar and Kartboy front endlinks tonight. :tup:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Installed something tonight, and did something else. ;)

Received my Mushimoto hoses, will probably be doing the radiator swap tomorrow.

Anyone wanna stop by and shoot the breeze?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Finally got around to the radiator swap today, went in without a fuss. Used the new Mushimoto radiator hoses with some new hose clamps from a local auto shop.

I had to cut the Mushimoto hoses a little to make them fit without rubbing since they were made as stock replacements. The Mushimoto radiator is significantly thicker so the hoses were a little cramped without trimming.

Running the following fluids in the cooling system;
2~ qts Subaru super coolant (50/50 prediluted)
1 bottle Subaru coolant conditioner
1 bottle water wetter
5~ qts distilled water

·
Registered
626 Posts

Soooo, on the rear swaybar mount braces... how did you manage to get the nuts off of the control arm/subframe bolt??? I've been drenching them with penetrating oil and vibrating with a hammer on the bolt, nut, and subframe, but they are certainly on there!!!!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

Soooo, on the rear swaybar mount braces... how did you manage to get the nuts off of the control arm/subframe bolt??? I've been drenching them with penetrating oil and vibrating with a hammer on the bolt, nut, and subframe, but they are certainly on there!!!!
Yeah, I remember those... what a PITA. It's all about leverage, I'd suggest jacking the car up high enough to get under there with a large breaker bar (18" or larger).

I had to get creative... I used a 12" breaker bar and put an old BMX fork headtube around it for leverage, essentially acting as an extension. There was definitely a loud POP and the socket fell off of the nut. I thought I broke the socket, my breaker bar or the bolt, but it was just the threads breaking loose. I'd suggest using anti-seize as you put things back together to make future maintenance less difficult.

Good luck! :tup:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Just ordered a huge roll of Hexis dry carbon wrap (black 5ft x 18ft). Going to wrap my roof, front lip, and a portion of my front bumper for SubieFest.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

moomoowater & I wrapped my roof in Hexis (dry carbon) tonight... I think it turned out quite well for never having managed this size and type of material before. I'll get pics up from SubieFest, I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

OK, a couple iPhone 3GS pics of the Hexis 3D dry carbon roof wrap we completed last night...

Click on the image below for more pics...

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)

Wrapped a small portion of the front bumper with Hexis dry carbon. Giving credit where it's due, thanks asukadc!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

Wrapped the NextMod Replica CS Bottom-Line front lip in Hexis dry carbon and installed it last night, then washed it in prep for SubieFest. Pics are pre-wash, FILTHY!

Also, fitment is pretty crappy... not impressed with the product at all, and it'll be replaced eventually.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)

I installed my Rally Armor V2 [Blk/Gray] mudflaps last night... side of the car is starting to show marks from the wider wheels throwing rocks at it. I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of how low the rear ones hang, might modify them to raise them a bit.

21 - 40 of 291 Posts