IW STi Forum banner

RDKLSTi - Spend money to justify spending money...

95K views 295 replies 44 participants last post by  Deek 
#1 · (Edited)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - RDKLSTi

Follow;
fb/rdklsti
ig/rdklsti

Build thread restructured. First post will always have my latest update, the rest will be on my site.
://sti.rdkls.com

Attachments

See less See more
2 3
#5 · (Edited)
Re: Deek's 08 STi - AW/BBS

Hey, just got done with my first wash.. I'm not detail guru, but this is what I used.

Meguire's Gold Class + Microfiber Mits
ICE Polish (sponge applicator)
Stoner Invisible Glass (or w/e its called) + Microfiber Glass Cloths- I LOVE THIS STUFF
Black Magic Titanium Spray Tire Shine

click image for a few pics

#6 · (Edited)

ordered from: Cheam Motors, UK
cost: $285 shipped

i received the cargo mat today... i'm pretty displeased with shipping but i guess there wasn't many other options. they folded it in 1/3's and the edges are a bit warped as you can see in the pics. also, it only velcros to the rear of the back seats, and when you put the seats down it un-velcros and sides down the back of the seat.

the material is rubber, quite flimsy as you can see from the pics, but it should do the trick to keep it clean back there.

i'll try to get some better pics of it in the car once it settles and gets its edge shapes back.

OK I put more pictures of the cargo mat in the car...

#8 · (Edited)

Ooh, more stuff came in today - I'll post some more pics later today after I unpack and install the WeatherTech front floor liners... this is probably the last really unneccessary thing I'm doing for a while. Next is tints and clearbra.

NOTE: The actual mats are black, not beige.

Pictures went missing, post edited.

#13 ·

Yeah Jimmy, the itch needs a little scratching... even if it's nothing major. ;)

Researched and ordered tires; 265/35 Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport

#14 ·

Updated original post for orders placed; NextMod FRP ChargeSpeed Replica Kit

Definitely done for a while now... MAYBE do some RCE sways in the near future, but I'm tapped out for now.

#17 ·

Did you have to roll your rear fenders or is it a good fit? I am thinking of picking up the dforce myself 18x9.5 and i already have 265/35/18 tires to put on it.

#19 · (Edited)

Today, Tom (mnym8kr) and I knocked out the following on my car;
- Group-N Engine Mounts
- Group-N Transmission Mount
- Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings
- Kartboy Shifter Bushing Combo
- Grimmspeed Air Oil Separator
- Finished the Goodridge lines install

There is significantly less slop going on under the hood and tranmission whine is quite audible in first through third, which for the moment I quite enjoy. Once at cruising speed though, additional NVH isn't detected.

I believe some forged internals are next up, I'm just too scared to do any power-making mods until I have some 'solid bits' in there. We'll see though, only time will tell.

Thanks again Tom, for your hospitality! :tup:

#20 ·

What's up man I have not been on here in a really long time and saw your latest post come by today... I seen you have done quit a bit to your car!!! I remember the first day you got it. Glad you still have it. I miss the 07 everyday. Anyway hope all is well.. One day I will get another STI.

#21 · (Edited)

Thanks for stopping in Mike, I was definitely sad when you told me you had to sell the 07. I remember the day well, 2008.05.31 I drove to Irvine Subaru to give you the keys to the 07, and take possession of the 08. It was really hard to see 'her' go, but knowing my new 08 was sitting 40 yards away made it a little less painful.

I've received a few PMs from the buyer you sold to as well, feeling a little bad cause I don't think I replied to the latest one months ago though. :(

My car is with Subaru (or the sublet body shop) getting some spot welds sorted out under warranty. I'm supposed to have it back on Friday so I made an appointment for Saturday morning to get an alignment, things are a hair off since the steering rack bushing installation. Hopefully everything lines up, I'd like to have my car for this weekend. Headed to Dave & Busters at the Ontario Mills mall Saturday evening for my girl's birthday.

#24 · (Edited)
Re: Deek's 08 STi - "theNoise"

Added a few things to the Pending Items list;
- Mushimoto Aluminum Radiator (Purchased 2011.09.23)
- Mushimoto Radiator Hoses - Black (Ordered 2011.09.24)
- Whiteline 22mm Front & Rear Swaybars (Ordered 2011.09.24)
- Kartboy Front & Rear Endlinks (Ordered 2011.09.24)

#25 · (Edited)

Installed the Whiteline 22mm adjustable rear swaybar with supports and Kartboy rear endlinks tonight. Tomorrow I'll be putting on the front Whiteline (22mm adj) swaybar with Kartboy endlinks.

#26 ·

Installed the Whiteline 22mm adjustable front swaybar and Kartboy front endlinks tonight. :tup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.