IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else get a distinct rattling sound coming from behind their glove box area? I have only had the STI a couple weeks and have not had time to investigate.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
yes , for me it was a washer on a bolt at the very right bottom corner area. It wasnt tightened and just sits there and rattles. Also do a search, there are a LOT of rattles found.

Robert~

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a rattle in/on/near my glove box. Drives me crazy. I think it is comming from the little pin switch on the lower right hand side near the hinge. At least that's seems to be where it origionalts. I need to be sitting over there to find out. Only problem is that nobody is allowed to drive my car but me at the moment. How pathetic I am....

Paul...

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
YEA MINE TOO, ITHOUGHT IT WAS MY COLGNE BOTTLE =) YEA IF I HAVE SOME TIME ILL CHECK MINE OUT, I ALSO GET A RATTLING SOUND FROM MY ASHTRAY????I PUSH IT IN AND IT STOPS BUT IT COMES TO HAUNT ME AGAIN...ARGHH :-?

·
Registered
422 Posts
A cheesy fix. For a Solo I run last summer I put an empty 32 oz Gatorade bottle in the glove box for a run. On top of the owners manuals it pre loaded the latch and the rattle has been gone for 10,000 miles...

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I have the same rattle and it's driving me nuts. I reach over, while I'm driving,a nd push on the glove box. It goes away so I'm thinking if there is a rubber pad behind the door, maybe it needs to adjusted. I haven't checked yet.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have the same noise coming from the glove box area too, it is driving me crazy.......Hummm, a recall perhaps?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
They wouldn't do a recall on something like the glove box that's just causing a rattle..... They only do recalls based on things that could be potentially dangerous... not just annoying.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the same issue. I brought my car to the Subaru dealer, and they said it was nothing they could fix. Typical. I think what I might do is buy some of those tiny rubber stoppers you can glue onto things. I'm thinking that, if I can find ones that are small enough, they will tighten up the cap between the glove box door and the dash. I think that gap is what's causig the rattle. Has anyone else tried anything like this? Just curious if it works

·
Registered
326 Posts
All the seatbelt holder things rattle espesially the back ones..its like this in the regular wrx as well..its annoying as hell.

I need to get a stereo so I wont notice it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
rattles by steering wheel. i dont know where the hell its coming from. or it could be the dash. i donno, i just need sounds put in there!

·
Registered
123 Posts
The problem was the the glove box light switch. The back of the switch from the inside of the dash is very loose and flimsy, with wires touching the trim. It is accessable from below the dash and it is in a tight spot, so I jammed a piece of 1/2" foam and smothered the whole assembly with it (from the back).
All ratteling noises have dissappeared since.

:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have rattling all over the interior. I believe it is a combination of things, but mainly I think it is the extreme cold temperatures we've been experiencing that have made the noises more pronounced. Its driving me crazy....

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm having the same issue in my STi... I'll have to take a look at that.

The ride is stiff enough in this car, I think rattles are pretty much inevitable.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have one coming out of the dash too. I can't tell if it is the glove box or the heater vents, of whatever. a little annoying when you dont have a radio to listen to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Glove box rattle here too! I hate rattles! Thats one of the reasons I traded my 350Z in. TOO MANY RATTLING NOISES! :eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts