IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that I found the solution to the rattling from behind the glovebox... I tightened all the screws which didn't seem to help but noticed the on/off light switch for the glovebox to be kind of flimsy and rattled. I stuck on an adhesive rubber pad to the glovebox where it comes into contact with the on/off plug and it seems to have solved the problem, at least over the trip to the market tonight! Try it, it might work. I'll keep you posted!

:lol:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
The screw fix didn't fix my glovebox noises so I added some bigger rubber "feet" so that when the glovebox is closed, the rubber keeps pressure on it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Same here with the weather stripping in the glove box fix. Unfortunately, others have come to replace that rattle. Grrr.

I've heard another fix but I don't know if this is a rattle I'm hearing yet. The mounting clips for the plastic vent piece near the front windshield will supposedly rattle. You're supposed to hot glue the clips and then reinstall the trim piece.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I bought some silicon caulk from Home Depot, the stuff that remains flexible. I just squirted a little into each of the clips and the rattle is gone. So far, I have done that dashboard strip the A-pillar(I think that is what it is called, between the winshield and the door), and the rear panel (C-pillar?). I need to do the B-pillar now and I think I have one in my drivers door. Oh well, the hunt continues. Atleast this car is easy to get things apart, my VW just broke if you tried to remove things.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Install a stereo. Play your favorite music to drown out the rattles :wink:

·
Registered
80 Posts
all Perrin???

OK so I get into my car and I notice rattling like I've never noticed before. It sounds like it's coming from the glovebox so I spend the next 20 minutes opening and closing, securing, blah blah blah.

Then on a drive home BY SHEER [email protected]#$%@# CHANCE I slide out the cigarette ash tray and the rattling stops. It looks like the the little metalflap in the ash tray has high potential for rattling. So I close it again and push it in tight, guess what? No rattles.

The thing that tripped me up is I could have sworn the noise was coming from the glove compartment.

·
Registered
123 Posts
how do you determine top speed on a road course?

Just stuck some circlular sticky-back plastic tabs on the inside corners of the glove box lid. Two stacked plastic tabs were required on the top corner areas.
I am happy to report that the most annoying buzz ever is history. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts