IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my system in with some minor dynamatting of the doors and to no surprise, I had the car back at the installer a couple days later to get the trunk done. I had ripped out my autodim mirror (the biggest culprit) and ordered a regular one and had done the license plate myself but the boot certainly needed more attention. He called today and said dynamat may be futile and that he'd have to rip apart the back of the car and look at specific body panels, wires in the taillights, take apart the wing and such. Anyone have to go this far to remedy the rattles? Hell, has anyone cured the rattles with big bass? Is it even possible? Don't get me wrong, I was pretty much expecting these issues with this car but I need some encouragement that it can be fixed eventually.

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
There will ALWAYS be something that rattles on an STi. Don't waste too much time and money on curing it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Dude, do some searches -- plenty of us have almost completely dissasembled the car trying to track down and eradicate rattles -- heed muff's advice and dont spend too much on it. I've got my car to where I've eliminated all interior ratles, but if I get out of my car and go stand behind the trunk it still sounds like a rattle factory.... I gave up on the exterior sound, and I just enjoy having nice clean bass from within.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
have a solution for you...TAKE EVERYTHING OUT OF THE CAR...seat (passenger) rear seats carpet EVERYTHING once everything is out...slow start putting things back in...peice by piece...might find your rattle then or might like the lighten race car effect hahah

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I pulled the rear bumper and trunk lid and rear deck.... the entire car... I mean enitre car... is 2 layers of dynamat xtreme. It still rattles like a mutha! but oh well... inside is dead silent... not a rattle to be heard. Good luck with it... I am beyond the rattles... I am trying to stop body flex... LMAO

·
Registered
303 Posts
My glove box is kind of loose. I bought it like that. On bumpy roads it kind of rattles. but, when i pushed it all the way up....it stops...

Only rattle i have. But, im to lazy to mess with it. Also, I use to have a 04 mustang gt. I found a new noise everytime i drove the car. It was pretty interesting. So, rattles arent a big deal for me.

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
I dont care about the rattles outside of the car, but inside my only culprit was the reard deck cover. I just bought some polyfill from walmart for about $2 for a bag and stuffed it in the holes from inside the trunk. No more rattles on the inside. If you are trying to fix the outside I think it is a little more involved, but I am not that anal..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts