IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just went to Lake Tahoe last week and my 06 developed a small rattle that kind of sounds like something tapping in the inside of the dash. Its not too bad but im thinking maybe a wiring harness is swinging and hitting something inside the dash? Has anyone had this problem before?

-Knight

· Registered
3,498 Posts
There's a thread about the clips that hold the defroster vent rattling. You can silicone those to the vent piece and put it all back together after drying. I'm not sure that's what you have, but it is a cause for dash rattles.

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Any chance you could be mistaken, and it could be the infamous rear-view mirror rattle? I've mistaken the noise for other things in the past.

· Registered
1,180 Posts
klaymon said:
There's a thread about the clips that hold the defroster vent rattling. You can silicone those to the vent piece and put it all back together after drying. I'm not sure that's what you have, but it is a cause for dash rattles.
This sounds like the cause for my headaches...I'm assuming the defrost vent piece just pops off?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.