IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

A wee bit sad that I'm posting this, as it will be the last WRC round held in San Remo, as next year it moves to the gravel roads of Costa Smeralda, Sardinia.

Have just finished sorting everything out for the trip (yep, I'm going! :D ) and all I have to do now is head to the airport at an unearthly hour on wednesday morning. Meeting up with an Italian, an Englishman and an American so a truly international flavour!

Staying in Bajardo, a small village between stages 2/3 & 6/7 - so a leisurely 4am start for a walk up to the stages.

Hopefully get plenty of pics and will be cheering on Petter and Tommi! :D

However, another sad story is that Hyundai won't be there - they didn't turn up for the recce which started earlier today :cry:

Ciao! 8)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Wow! I am sooooooooooo jealous! Anyways....post up your thoughts when you can

·
Registered
212 Posts
Rally San Remo on SPEED @ 6pm EST!!!!

I read that too, and I think it is truely sad that it is moving to gravel! Not only do I think there are already enough gravel events, but Rally San Remo has some of the sweetest tarmac sections as well. It will be truely missed! :(

I also think we could use some more snow/ice rallies!!!

...snow/ice and tarmac are my favorate surfaces! :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rally Catalunya

Hi Guys,

Well what a month I've had - not even had a minute to spare to post here!

My pics from SanRemo will be up shortly (couple of videos too, great one of Tommi round a hairpin :D )

I met Petter again when we gatecrashed RallyHQ? :D alongwith Carlos, Duval, Colin and his dad, Panizzi, Loeb :D

Managed to get into the press room before they chucked us out!

More soon....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts