IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Subarites,

Does anyone know where to purchase the rally wing used by the Subaru Rally Team (WRC)?

I realize its a hideous wing, but I like it. I would imagine that Subaru probably did not use the wing on factory cars because of the obstruction of view.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
That looks like the same height as ours, but with all those supporting pieces your vision would be more obscured.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
i wonder if there are DOT regs on wings? seems there must be and if so, i wonder how much worse a wing has to be than ours to not be approved. ;)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Your visibility would be no worse than a semi or even a large cargo van. You still have mirrors on both sides of the car.

What is the grey box on the roof above the driver though?

-Lance

·
Registered
240 Posts
mx270a said:
Your visibility would be no worse than a semi or even a large cargo van. You still have mirrors on both sides of the car.

-Lance
i think its a camera, i would put one on my car in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
240 Posts
MKIVSupra said:
http://www.prodrive.com/default2.asp?M=311

Might need to paint it. :D
SICK!
you're the man MKIVSupra! constantly amazed at this site and its follower's resourcefulness!

but paint it wrblack? over the signatures? dont know if that would be worse than blue spoiler on black car

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
rallybred said:
mx270a said:

-Lance
Either a camera or the fresh air vent. :p

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Yukonart said:
rallybred said:
mx270a said:

-Lance
Either a camera or the fresh air vent. :p
It is the GPS tracking system.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I'm too lazy to reproduce what I posted in another thread, so here ya go:

http://www.sti-buki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68

Basically this is a JDM body kit made by a company called Burnup. I don't know where to get this bodykit, but it's an AWESOME replica of what's on the WRC car.

here's a preview:(more pics in the link I posted!!^^^)

and NO that isn't the REAL DEAL WRC Rally car, it's the kit by Burnup...pretty nice huh?

-STiLL

·
Registered
347 Posts
i think that kit comes from a place in australia. i think the grey thing is a camera housing, a standard unit that all the factory teams use. subaru didn't use the roof mounted air vent this year, but did the last couple of years. check the prodrive site.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Drive by cruise control ?

kit is from Japan. my friend lives 10 mins away from these guys. he told me they are great ppl, and the kit is [email protected]#king-tastic :D
correct me if i'm wrong but i think the grey thing is call "Rally Monitoring System" they use to monitor lap times... in the kit, they use this grey thing as Navigation system antenna.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts