IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Sunday Nov. 9 on Speed Tv at 9pm eastern time final rally of the season- Rally Britain. Don't miss it. Who knows maybe Solberg will get the championship. Go Peter!!!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Re: Hard Driving Feedback

for anybody who is dying to know http://www.wrc.com has all the results, pics and news. Don't click unless you want to know who won.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congratulations Petter and to all Subaru fans out there.
and don't forget a podium finish for Makinen too hist last
as a full time rally driver. what a great year for the
young Norwegian. now i just wish somebody sponsor me
to drive one of those makes! ha ha ha, just dreaming.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
i know you didn't just post the results of the rally!!! :evil: @#$*(@#$(!!)@( why do people do that!? start a thread and call it "rally gb: spoiler".

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
at least the spoiler wasnt the topic like the last one! maybe next season we can start not giving away results?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Re: pics wit defi boost gauge?

eatV8 said:
at least the spoiler wasnt the topic like the last one! maybe next season we can start not giving away results?
Can we make a "sticky" or "announcement" about that in this forum?

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
good idea, like said b4 spoilers should be allowed to be posted, but under a rally of GB: SPOLIER!!! not under any other topic

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
bitabur said:
I would imagine it'd be kinda expected that in a discussion about a rally event, the outcome is gonna get posted....
and how pissed would you be if siskel and ebert revealed the ending of movie you have been eager to see? :D it's customary, particularly on usenet, to post race results in separate threads with "spoiler" in the heading. there are plenty of things (potentially) to talk about regarding an upcoming race without giving the results. oh well. enough said. i'm gonna go watch the race. :D

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
lol, I suppose so. I've seen several of these threads here and they seem like they're pretty much the same. Half a page of posts about what's gonna happen, then after the rally someone posts congrats, then everyone else gets irritated. I suppose it couldn't hurt to aviod posting the results though.

BTW, siskel is dead, so i'm not too worried about him revealing the ending of any movies I want to see. ;)

·
Registered
347 Posts
At what point should it be acceptable to post results? After the first Speed Channel coverage, one week after the completion of the rally, two weeks maybe? Just curious as to what the concensus is here.

bitabur said:
BTW, siskel is dead, so i'm not too worried about him revealing the ending of any movies I want to see. ;)
Now there's something for a horror movie: Siskel comes back from the dead to reveal the endings of movies that haven't even been made yet!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
bitabur said:
I suppose it couldn't hurt to aviod posting the results though.
no, i think results *should* be posted since not everyone has speed channel or is commited enough to watch a 2hour race. all i'm saying is post results and post-race discussion under a spoiler thread so other don't find out the results inadvertantly.

bitabur said:
BTW, siskel is dead...;)
:D yeah i know, but i couldn't think of the new name of the show. haven't watched if since long before siskel died anyway.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
crazytrain said:
At what point should it be acceptable to post results?...Just curious as to what the concensus is here.
results could be posted as soon as they are known, or even as they're unfolding. in this regard, i think it was fine that parakitoJDM posted the results. my only beef was that it was on a pre-race thread rather than something like a "rally gb: spoiler" thread.

crazytrain said:
Now there's something for a horror movie: Siskel comes back from the dead to reveal the endings of movies that haven't even been made yet!
:D!!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
no grille?

LOL!

The new guy is roper? or something that sounds like that... I dont know how it's supposed to be spelled, but now instead of saying "siskel and ebert give it two thumbs up" they say "ebert and roper...."

Anyway, I'm not the one posting the results cause I can never seem to find full rallys on speed.... i just find the highlights.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
bitabur said:
...I can never seem to find full rallys on speed.... i just find the highlights.
i've recommended more than once to speed that they have email notification for the racing series. i following 5 or six series and have somehow not missed a race yet. any day now tho'.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I was just clued in this season on the "rally radio" and "rally dashboard" at wrc.com. As long as you have a decent Internet connection and the willingness to sit near your computer at any hour of the day or night, it's a really neat way to catch a live rally. You don't get much video, only a couple of clips and pictures, but you still get the thrill of a live event. Another positive is that you get to avoid endless NASCAR commercials!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts