IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hell all,
After looking through the forums here, this is how things are looking for my radio install:

Alpine 9807(234) or 9813(297) - (Is the $$ diff worth the extra features?)

Subaru <-> Alpine wiring harnesses (Scosche SU03 - 7)

Innovative Automotive kit for the fronts (32-60)

Alpine SPR-136A (149) or Sony XS-HF500G(149) for the fronts

Recommendations for the backs?

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
858 Posts
SabreOfSD said:
Recommendations for the backs?

Thanks!!!!
none...

unless you carry passengers back there a lot...

i'd stick as big speakers as you can in the front doors. power them with a kick ass amp. then buy the best subwoofer you can afford... and power that also.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would like to carry around pepole every once in awhile ;) I'm trying to spend around 600 for this total.... so a Amp is probably out for now. I don't crank my music that high though, so 'm not too worried. Think I can get away with the setup above with another set of 5.25's in the back?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I just installed my 9807 and bought some MB Quart RCE-612 components for the front. Total cost delivered to my door was $475 or so. If you got a used amp or something, I think $600 is doable.

I'm going to try to run the fronts off the HU amp for a while, then I'm sure I'll put an amp in. Just don't think the 23W RMS from the 9807 are going to do much for a pair of 6 1/2" components. I'll probably put an old pair of 5 1/4's in the back when I eventually put in the amp. I think I'll just power the rears from the HU, though. I'm not too concerned about the sound quality in the back...

·
Registered
65 Posts
SabreOfSD said:
http://www.iaperformance.com/catalog.asp?action=subaruCatalog&catalogArea=1

It's basically a kit that allows the use of most (pretty much any) after market speakers.

Sabre
Thanks fo the link!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts