IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Im not sure if this has been discussed, but i want to know where we can get that bar that goes behind the driver and passsenger seat, and is used for racing harnesses??? Or if there is anther way of forming a setup for harnesses????

PS: I sorry if this is a repeat thread!

thanks
Amir

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
400 bucks dang too bad it didnt come with harnesses too???? I think thats sorta expensive!

sorry justin but 10% off is pretty pathetic!
You and your outragious [email protected]! Ill get myself a better deal!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Amir, that's a little rude, you know. 10% isn't pathetic and you don't know doublej's prices. If you can find a better deal, maybe you should take it.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol slow, im just given dude a hard time, i know justin personally we hung out and stuff......i just give him a hard time on his deals so i can get an even cheaper price! its part of the bargaining world ya know!!! NEVER PAY RETAIL!!! well except for the fricken STi which it sucks! Im sorry for it may seem i was rude!

·
Registered
316 Posts
www.vividracing.com. has two bifferent one for sale. one with fire bottle mount, and one without and both can have rear passengers.
Also be careful about ancoring a harness to the bottom of the back seat. In a forward crash the seat belt will try to compress your spine down because of the upside down u shape the belt is running up an over your shoulders. If your shoulder height is below the harness opening in the factory seat it shouldn't be a problem, disregard. Anyone seen a setup that mounts across the top of the rear seat?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Radiator Shroud

ouch 400 bucks!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just saw a small article in sport compact car yesterday talking about spine compression. Thats the same thing I was talking about.
Also, has anyone seen a harness mount that would go across the top of the back seat? --Sin52

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
see my question is what about those 3 strap holders on the back window??? can those be used at all???

·
Registered
316 Posts
Are they the ones for a child seat? I'm looking for a bar that would mount across the top. --Sin52

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
see im not sure if there for the child seats....that would be cool if we can use them and be functional????

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
ecutek delta dash system available

naw, those are for child seat tethers. no way they're strong enough to hold an adult, particularly at the speeds we'd be doing at the track.

sin52: a bar that goes across the top of the back seat would be *awesome*. i've never seen those before. do they have them for other cars? do you have a link. surely it would not be hard to fabricate. (we already can't see out the rear window, so no harm in having a 2.5" pipe back there. ;) ) i'd looked at the speedware bar but you'd have to remove it to have kids/rear passengers.

·
Registered
399 Posts
4MLA1FN, why would you need to remove it? it seems like people would fit in the back... maybe putting some padding on in case of an accident.

I am getting the new Recaro STi Seats (same blue escaine as our seats, but Recaros!!!) and they have the 2 passthrough holes for a harness and I'm really interested in getting harnesses installed, but am not willing to sacrifice the rear seat as this is my daily driver.

If this bar wouldn't allow passengers, does anyone know of anyway to have harnesses and a functioning rear seat?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
STIml8n said:
... maybe putting some padding on in case of an accident.
got kids?? there's no way i'm going to keep that bar in with them in the back. they're too squirmy.

STIml8n said:
If this bar wouldn't allow passengers, does anyone know of anyway to have harnesses and a functioning rear seat?
i'm certain it's physically possible for passengers can get in. i dunno. i wouldn't feel comfortable with a 2.5" diameter bar in my face. if i didn't have kids, i would use that bar since i only have rear passengers once or twice a year.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
doublej said:
yo guys this is the one i sell if interested let me know.
yea ok justin, your the guy whose filthy for money...tellen me its gonna be 400+shipping, please man your a waste....its on the site for 360!!! :evil:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
STIml8n said:
I am getting the new Recaro STi Seats (same blue escaine as our seats, but Recaros!!!) and they have the 2 passthrough holes for a harness and
Huh? post some pics please... this sounds interesting!!! :p :eek:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.