IW STi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I want to make adjustments to a protuned map, can I do it using street tuner???

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
You can only adjust ST maps in ST. You can however ask your tuner to give you an ST tune instead of a PT tune.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
daemon said:
You can only adjust ST maps in ST. You can however ask your tuner to give you an ST tune instead of a PT tune.
Thanks very much. I knew their was gonna be locks and all that on the protune map.

Now another tech question? Can I datalog the protuned map and just make a replica somehow???

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
What is the advantages (if any) of having a "protuned" map vs a "streetuned" map?

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
STEye said:
What is the advantages (if any) of having a "protuned" map vs a "streetuned" map?
I think protuner is capable of much more then Street Tuner.

Side Note: You autoxing saturday????

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I will be there unless something DRASTIC comes up (which I hope not!).

Two things that are wrong with my car... First off, I was noticing a rattle coming from under my car. After dropping the cat converter, I noticed that the honeycomb ceramic material inside had become dislodged and was freely rattling. Hopefully TurboXS will warranty this claim. Secondly, since my car was on the lift, I inspected the rear diff, and I noticed there was a considerable amount of fluid running down the side.

Went to the dealer today, and he ordered me a new diff! Checked the fluid and it was full (probably cuz the oil was warm). Tomorrow I'll be installing my 27/29MM whiteline Front Swaybar, JDM Pink(s) Springs, PDE Gen2 Camber/Caster plates. I guess Saturday will be the guinea pig!! :lol:

So to answer your question, yes I'll be there!! :tup:

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet. Cya then.

Nice their warranting a new dif and hopefully your exhaust gets figured out.

·
Registered
876 Posts
uncle lewie said:
Thanks very much. I knew their was gonna be locks and all that on the protune map.

Now another tech question? Can I datalog the protuned map and just make a replica somehow???
Here's amother point that many miss as well:

If you install Street Tuner, your AP is no longer capable of running Protuner maps unless the original tuner converts them to Street Tuner format.

Installing Street Tuner WILL delete every map on your AP, and you cant install ST unless the AP is unmarried.

This took me by surprise (though its explained in the instructions).

·
Registered
601 Posts
Your tuner is able to change your current map from PT to ST.
If they will, that depends on the tuner.
I know one tuner that will and another that won't.

TMS

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, I learned a lot of things now from your guys posts. Thanks very much.

So now my question to myself is, is the 195 dollars worth it for street tuner? (even though Id like to tune myself, not huge changes)
Im guessing it is not worth it. Just spend the money on a good protune where I can get multiple maps/etc.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I like being able to modify my own maps and would always feel safer being able to see what a tuner did to my car. For that reason I'd rather find a good tuner willing to give me an ST map. As mentioned, some tuners won't do ST tunes, at least in part because they don't want to give away their tuning secrets and have their hard work shared over the Internet, etc.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
RainMaker said:
Here's amother point that many miss as well:

If you install Street Tuner, your AP is no longer capable of running Protuner maps unless the original tuner converts them to Street Tuner format.

Installing Street Tuner WILL delete every map on your AP, and you cant install ST unless the AP is unmarried.

This took me by surprise (though its explained in the instructions).
yep I think this sucks!, thats why my ST software is just sitting there. Cobb really needs to re-think that one!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts