IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While trying to isolate a rattle coming from the glove compartment, after removing it completely I found this "thing" dangling. Can anyone tell me what it is and where does it go?





Also I just noticed this cord was loose on the front bumper, looks broken. Does anyone know what this is and what it has broken off of? Hope I don't have to remove bumper to reposition it. I already tried tucking it away but it keeps coming out. I might have dealer fix it since car is still under warranty. Just got it 8/16/06 with 25k miles and dealer is already ordering new struts. Wish I had the funds for aftermarket,DAMN!







Sorry for the long post!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,442 Posts
The thing from behind the bumper is most likely the outside temperature probe. The box hanging from the dash looks like it might be the security module. Regardless, I would take it to the dealer and make them attach the items properly.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,408 Posts
ok..... i think your car is falling apart, why don't u try not to take it off any jumps from now on. it's not a x-games rally car :lol:

i don't know how to explain where the first one goes, but there's a big spot for it right under the console.

o thats the temp gauge... cool!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
klaymon said:
The thing from behind the bumper is most likely the outside temperature probe. The box hanging from the dash looks like it might be the security module. Regardless, I would take it to the dealer and make them attach the items properly.
Thanks, and you know that sounds like a good idea. Make 'em sweat, it's free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kwlsti said:
ok..... i think your car is falling apart, why don't u try not to take it off any jumps from now on. it's not a x-games rally car :lol:

quote]

Come on you know you wanna try that with yours! That's what it's all about. Don't be:scurred:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,442 Posts
Plus if that is the security module (with the shock sensor) it has to be mounted securely to function properly anyway. Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
klaymon said:
Plus if that is the security module (with the shock sensor) it has to be mounted securely to function properly anyway. Good luck!
:thx:
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top