IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While trying to isolate a rattle coming from the glove compartment, after removing it completely I found this "thing" dangling. Can anyone tell me what it is and where does it go?

Also I just noticed this cord was loose on the front bumper, looks broken. Does anyone know what this is and what it has broken off of? Hope I don't have to remove bumper to reposition it. I already tried tucking it away but it keeps coming out. I might have dealer fix it since car is still under warranty. Just got it 8/16/06 with 25k miles and dealer is already ordering new struts. Wish I had the funds for aftermarket,DAMN!

Sorry for the long post!

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
The thing from behind the bumper is most likely the outside temperature probe. The box hanging from the dash looks like it might be the security module. Regardless, I would take it to the dealer and make them attach the items properly.

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
ok..... i think your car is falling apart, why don't u try not to take it off any jumps from now on. it's not a x-games rally car :lol:

i don't know how to explain where the first one goes, but there's a big spot for it right under the console.

o thats the temp gauge... cool!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
klaymon said:
The thing from behind the bumper is most likely the outside temperature probe. The box hanging from the dash looks like it might be the security module. Regardless, I would take it to the dealer and make them attach the items properly.
Thanks, and you know that sounds like a good idea. Make 'em sweat, it's free!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kwlsti said:
ok..... i think your car is falling apart, why don't u try not to take it off any jumps from now on. it's not a x-games rally car :lol:

quote]

Come on you know you wanna try that with yours! That's what it's all about. Don't be:scurred:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Plus if that is the security module (with the shock sensor) it has to be mounted securely to function properly anyway. Good luck!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
klaymon said:
Plus if that is the security module (with the shock sensor) it has to be mounted securely to function properly anyway. Good luck!
:thx:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts