IW STi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching, but could not find a clear answer...

I want to run a 65mm APS CAI, with a bone stock setup. Will the car run fine or will I need to tune the car.

I like the APS over the SPT, But I'm worried that I will loose power with out a tune..

Any help would be appreciated ...;)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Be prepared to lose a little low end, but gain a little top end. If I had to do it again I probably wouldnt have done it on the stock turbo. With a tune you might get better results but be prepared to not really notice anything. I love how it looks and am obsessed with the sound, but I didnt notice too much of a difference.

·
Registered
208 Posts
WRBSTI said:
Be prepared to lose a little low end, but gain a little top end. If I had to do it again I probably wouldnt have done it on the stock turbo. With a tune you might get better results but be prepared to not really notice anything. I love how it looks and am obsessed with the sound, but I didnt notice too much of a difference.
:yeahthat:
I ran for a while with it on before my tune. Very little difference. Nothing negative as some have posted. As far as with the tune I think it helped a little. Definitely better than a hot air intake that most have. Looks great, sounds even better.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Any mod alone won't really yield any performance gains without supporting mods. It's fortunate and unfortunate that STI's don't respond to bolt on mods alone because the ECU/EMU needs to know that something has changed. Anytime that you alter anything for performace gains it is wise to get a new tune. In my opinon the best bang for buck mod on a stock STI is a retune.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts