IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up with their gasket in all their pictures? it looks like they have it divorced (downpipe mouth), but then the gasket is solid on one side... I dont get it? whats up?

Robert~

Attachments

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
? anybody? What about you guys who actually have their turbobacks? Were their gaskets like that? or what?

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol dang i guess i've stumped the board...

Robert~

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
One problem, is if you look at the picture, the gasket doesn't even look like it would fit over the diverter plate in the DP. I think APS's site said it was a template, but I would hope for the price of their stuff it would come with the gasket pre-made.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just kinda wierd that all... take all that time to make a cast iron (i believe) mouth with a diverter in it (as this is not easy) and hten just block it off with a gasket... lol... o well, no biggie, but was just curious.

Robert~

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey guys, I just istalled a 3" APS TBE. I will try to explain what I found out. Yes the wg is divorced and as far as I know there was no gasket between the turbo and the DP. The only thing I had to do was to reduce the length of the metal separator by about 7mm. Otherwise there could not be a leak proff seal. The instructions explain it very well and all I used was a bench grinder and that was it.
Now, the car seems a lot faster, and the sound is fantastic.
Hope to have answered your questions, if not pm me or what ever...:lol:

·
Registered
146 Posts
My Front Mats

Sounds good. If you can provide sound clips that would be great as I would love to hear it.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Possible STi Convert?

theres already a thread with this info in it... do a search in here (modifications forum).

Robert~

·
Registered
48 Posts
Alright, I just bough a dig cam and I am not very good with it yet. So I will take a few shots and since the camera has a video clip, I will try to get a sound clip also. This may take me a while but I will get back to you all :lol:

·
Registered
45 Posts
No the cardboard pieces are not gaskets. They are templates. I'm not sure what that one on the right is but the left one is to aid in cutting the heat shield.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
o ok thanks GSXR , that clears it up a bit :D

Robert~

1 - 11 of 11 Posts