IW STi Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Dang... Appears to be sorted but that's annoying to say the least.

mheyman:
Were you able to get a diameter of the DSS ds? Just curious if it's smaller than the PST one?

In the case of the size is smaller better or larger better for the diameter? (not counting lighter weight). I would think s smaller size would be especially important because the pics above for the PST look like there is hardly ANY clearance at all around it. IE: If something else moves or shifts, the driveshaft would make contact with it?

I was on DSS's website and they state that they no longer warranty a problem that they looked into.. Apparently the sub frame or rear diff bushing can cause something to happen and it starts rubbing the rear of the driveshaft. Which isn't their problem it's more of a maintain the vehicle thing but just wondering since clearances appear to be quite small.

Thanks,
-Nigel

·
Premium Member
5,387 Posts
I'll put it here in the morning.

Need to get a battery for my calipers :(

OK 2.364" and I am going to double check later.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In the case of the size is smaller better or larger better for the diameter? (not counting lighter weight). I would think s smaller size would be especially important because the pics above for the PST look like there is hardly ANY clearance at all around it. IE: If something else moves or shifts, the driveshaft would make contact with it?

Thanks,
-Nigel
I'm not sure if smaller is better or not, honestly. Like I mentioned, the PST fit just fine once I swapped the Group N mount out for the stock one. The key answer might be the measurement of the bushing inside the transmission mounts. My group N mount just happened to be thicker, which screwed everything up.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I regularly drive my STI on dirt, gravel, mud, and snowy back roads....I've had my PST CFDS on my 17 STI for 40K miles and zero issues.

Still one of the best mods I have done and super easy to DIY.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts