IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to purchase my STi. Anyone have any comments on the following OR dealers in terms of their service departments for prices, honesty, knowledge, and quality of maintenance and repair services?

Wentworth Chevrolet Subaru - Portland
Royal Moore Auto Center - Hillsboro
Carr Auto Group - Beaverton
Gresham Nissan Subaru - Gresham

Please keep in mind I used vehix.com, carsdirect.com, and autos.msn.com to get quotes from their internet sales managers and will not be dealing with the sales dudes. The prices quoted me were all well under MSRP. I'm satisfied with the quotes sent to me based on what others here have said they paid for their cars. So reports on their sales staff and haggling over price is not needed.

Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought mine from Royal Moore last month,$30,500 with factory boost guage as only option.
I told them that was my target price, and they took it. No trade in involved.
Gresham Subaru had 4 last weekend, for $29,995 each(ad cars)
One guy in our group picked one up for that price.

Mike
www.wrxworld.com

·
Registered
389 Posts
I think you should check out the Dalles, I support a data center there and tey have had the same 2 Sti's on lot for at least 3 months now, I didnt buy from them becasue they never called me back. Last tiemn, I saw SALES signes on them. Only dealer in this area like that!

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
y2ks2k said:
I didnt buy from them becasue they never called me back.
Not what I want in a dealer. I test drove one at Royal Moore but their internet guy, Jason Walraven, was not real interested in talking and wouldn't say a word unless spoken to. He did not try to talk about the car, or anything else. He ignored my wife and never introduced himself to her at all. He would respond in a somewhat friendly manner if I asked a specific question, but literally did not seem to want to talk to me otherwise. I will never buy anything from Royal Moore thanks to Jason. I'm trying to hand you $30k, jackass. Act like you want it!

I had a good experience dealing with Christian Manz (internet guy) at Carr Subaru and would recommend buying from him. I am on hold on my purchase for a few months but I will contact him when I am ready.

PS. Thanks for the responses, guys. Any further info on the service depts, etc, still welcome.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I bought mine from Carr, in 11 car purchases from dealers, they were the worst, but the price was right. Get this, I bought it 3 months ago and have still not heard from the bank on it. They screwed up our contract. I spent 1 month trying to get ahold of them to figure out what was going on. Eventually they sent a guy out here to "re-initial" the contract. I still have not heard back from that. They called me in claiming the had a silver, they didn’t, claimed it had sold the day before (bold face switch and bait(. But they had a blue in and that was my second choice. The salesmen had to worst pressure I have ever had. My wife was sick with a migraine (it was that bad) and we had our 2 kids in there, they strung us out for 5 hours. They continually switched the deal in every and any way they could, several times I had a hand shake only to have them come back out wit completely different figures. I bought the car becaseu I stood my ground and got the deal I wanted but they punished me for it.

3 months, 3K miles and I still have not made a payment.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear you, that's why I never deal with salesmen. I go through the internet guy and the price and exact car (with VIN) are set before I even go in. Bought my last two that way and that's how it will be with the STi.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
California International Auto Show PICS

Well, y2ks2k, I did buy through Carr, but it was through Christian Manz, their internet guy. The price was set before I even got there, and the car had to be blue/gold and there was no bait and switch. Actually I got an additional amount off the car price and was given the full amount for my trade in (based on all the trade in estimates online, I was given the maximum for the vehicle in question in excellent condition).

Honestly, there was no pressure at all. In fact, I needed some time to make sure that's what I wanted to do and I left and didn't talk to him for several days. When I made up my mind, I went back and we picked up the car we asked for and did the deal.

Going through Vehix.com or autos.msn.com or carsdirect.com can save a lot of hassle. Generally you will deal with one guy and you get your price up front with no haggling. They send you the VIN of the car you are discussing so there is no bait and switch.

I'll never walk into a dealership and talk to a salesman the old fashioned way again. It's just not worth the pain compared to getting a price through the internet guy and doing the deal painlessly.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I got the situation straitened out with the regional bank rep. I also worked with Christian for about 3 months, I talked with him about 4 times, it went from 10K over to 8K to 5K to 3K, I finally walked in there myself and got a salesmen and got it at msrp :)

Heres a hint, don’t even try to call them. Every time I call I literally have to try 5+ times (no joke) before I get someone who will help.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow. That's too bad. When you dealt with Christian, was it because you had gone through vehix.com or whatever online auto site has Carr as a partner? I'm wondering if maybe he also does other type sales where the price is not agreed upon in advance.

Based on your comments, though, I'm thinking I might have to find somewhere else for service. Not sure what to do. :( It's too bad that when you pay 30 grand for a car, it's such a roll of the dice to get good treatment, whether by sales or by the service department.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I live by Dick Hannah sub in Vancouver so Ill be going there, I stopped by to check them out and they are pretty cool

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've heard nothing but bad things about carr, and these comments just back that up. plus that fact that carr told me they wanted 8k over MSRP made me run from them. I haven't bought mine yet but I won't be going to carr that's for sure. . .

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just don't understand that. 8k over msrp? They had a car with a sticker of 6k over msrp after markup, but the highest price I ever discussed with them was still UNDER msrp... you guys must be walking in the dealership and talking to people instead of using the internet services to get a decent price quote first. That's old school, guys! :D I only paid a few hundred over invoice for mine which was several thousand under their marked up "over msrp" price on the window that no one even mentioned to me.

No one should be paying msrp let alone over msrp at any dealer in this area right now. Using the internet, every quote I got from all the area dealers was under msrp.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I bought mine the old fashioned way from Carr back in May. Supposedly, I got the first one sold in Oregon, and yes I did pay a bit of a premium for that, but they were the only dealer in the area that had a white one. Had to do a bit of negotiating on my trade in value to make the deal, but it wasn't 5 hours. More like 45 minutes. The old "I have to call the owners to get this approved", and then cool my heals for a bit thing. This was my first new car. It didn't hurt when they ran my credit score and it came back 840.

I'm at 13,000 miles now and I have been relatively satisfied with their service department. They took care of most of my "cry list" at the first service. It took all day because they had the shop Forman do the work. No young mechanics taking test drives... They didn't look at the squeak in the B pillar though. I got the "It's a stiffly sprung car with poor sound deading" line printed right on the paperwork. Stuffed in some foam myself and it helped a lot. I'm going to keep using them since they are closer to where I work.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey, y2ks2k, today we got a call from Christian to go back in and sign a new version of the credit union's loan app... apparently they have a new form they need in addition to the others and sent it back. Why it took a month I've no idea... we were not really amused but upon reading the form I believe Christian that it was due to the credit union. Still kind of strange. Never had a car for free for a month before.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts