IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...

Does anyone have a picture of the STi shifter or does anyone know where reverse is located on the shifter? I'm used to VW's with the reverse up and to the left. Anyone know where it is? How about on the regular WRX?

·
Registered
866 Posts
From the look of the shifter reverse is right next to 6th.

246R

There is a ring below the knob you need to pull up to engage reverse. I can't remember where I saw a good close up of the stick.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: alfredob1 on 2002-02-13 03:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
67 Posts
On 2002-02-13 02:50, alfredob1 wrote:
From the look of the shifter reverse is right next to 6th.

246R

Their is a ring below the knob you need to pull up to engage reverse.
Yup.

On the regular WRX it's
24R

My BMW has reverse up to the left. Everything else I drive has it down to the right. You'll get used to it. :smile:

·
Registered
95 Posts
There's a picture of the sihfter in STi Specs-JDK/UK, under interior, in interior shot showing dash. Not the best picture of the shifter, but better than nothing. Or you could try and sweet talk Bullet into posting a good interior shot or just one of the shifter.

Jared

·
Registered
866 Posts
I think most European car makers put reverse next to first.
R135 or R135
--24---------246

While Asian cars keep it below fifth.
45R
Or next to fourth on 4 gears.
34R

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: alfredob1 on 2002-02-18 17:43 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Or next to 6th like my Supra.
246R

Which I think will be just like the STi with the little thing you pull up on and all.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Actully no pushing down or lever to pull on the BMW. Just more resistance to overcome. It takes a concerted effort to push the lever past the 1-2 position to be able to engage reverse. So much so I had to ask the salesman how to do it when I went for the test drive over 4 yrs ago. :smile:

No way to grab reverse instead of 1st unless you're really hammering the lever. And gear boxes are way too expensive to do that anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts