IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am planning to take delivery of an STi with no stereo. I was planning to put in a 1 DIN stereo system from SONY. I was planning to do this myself, but some friends told me that I should have this done by a professional. Is this true? Is this something that is very hard to do for a beginner or is it like connecting a VCR to your tv?

·
Registered
857 Posts
it's a no brainer... harness is there. just buy one to match the sony head. heck, goto circuit city to buy the sony harness to plug to the metra harness that plugs into the car harness. no more butt connecting the metra harness to the ones that come with the head units.

now the hard part are the speakers...

·
Registered
983 Posts
no, it shouldn't be hard, the toughest part is to wire the power cable from your battery to your hu. like leo said, just get a harness from best buy or cc.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know i should go check before asking, but i have no ride until the STi comes in... do you know how much those harnesses go for?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oil To Go

i went online to the bestbuy and circuit city websites, and searched harnesses, but they all came up with those plugs... are they the harness you guys are talking about? and also, why is it that i cant find anything that say subaru on it? or is it that they say FORD and TOYOTA, but they work for subaru also?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts