IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad is going to Japan for about a month and I wanted to ask him to pick me up some stuff for my '05 STi while he was there... that is, if it were cheaper to pick up parts over there. The 2 things I wanted to get from there were:
- the V-Limited front lip and
- the "Rear Bumper Skirts"

Can you guys tell me how much those parts cost over at a Subaru dealership in Japan so I know how much to give my dad.

I know of the japanparts website, but i'm just curious to see how much the parts would be at a dealership since my dad won't be anywhere near Tokyo.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
In Singapore, pretty close =-)

It'll be cheaper over there, if you can save on shipping costs.
goto the STI japan website for prices, and just use xe.com to convert to US$
http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/parts/gdcd_impreza/

I had a buddy checkout the V-limited in the downtown Tokyo branch, they needed 3 days to get the part onsite for cash-n-carry.
40950 yen if i recall, but in the end we figured it was a total PITA for him to carry back, it ain't a small box. Oh well, i'm sucking up the 12000yen shipping costs as we speak, expecting my package (lip + rubber underskirt) in around 10 days time

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Thanks for the welcome Shicane.
Guess not many S'pore STI owners on this forum yet, but there sure are a lot of them on the roads these days. Wondering if there is some local singapore STI forum where more people hang out, rather than the US based ones?
I'll be sticking around here, loads of good reading/advice.
Cheers all

·
Registered
452 Posts
local forums??.. think you can try subaruclubsg.com.. or something like that...

tried registering once but the admin didnt accept my email since its a hotmail one... oh well.. after a few trips back to Sg.. i dont think i would miss much though... so many " STi"s around...i only saw 2 genuine STis when i went back.. both were stock..

first bad experience.. a black impreza(WRX) ... with a huge ass "STI" decal on the side..
STi wing.. STi emblem.. JDM Lip.. Fogs.. and i look inside and its a dam automatic..

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
HaHa!, Yeah, Ur right, a lot of 'wannabies' on the roads too... Dunno why those big-ass STI decals are so popular on 1.6ts's. Seen 3 or 4 recently, some folks have no shame...

But since the STI prices came down seem to see a lot more around, heck compared to ~150k 2 years ago, 115k is practically giving it away! Just a while back on Orchard, in traffic, my cars clone right next to me, even the # plate within 100 of mine. Well, with a scooby we're paying for fun, not exclusivity!

·
Registered
452 Posts
true dat.. but thats only in Sg though.. still not that common here in comparison based on ratio...

where do you usually get your parts from?? ... when i went back.. could only find cartronics(not sure of the spelling).. and garage R which definately favours EVO with all the EVO 9 GTs..

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
So far i havn't gotten any parts for the car, still stock apart from the dealer's Apexi TT, nice little unit mounted by the IC spray switch. Thot i'd keep the warranty for the 1 year (off topic: Why S'pore STI's only get 1 year, all other places seem to have 3)

I've been looking at parts online, seems McWell do Scooby parts, inc ECUTeck tuning, but havn't been over yet, the west cost shop closed it seems, too lazy to head out east to their other branch.
Bought my V-limited+rubber skirt from japanparts.com, expected in next week. itching to get it fitted. Checkout their new section on the 06, i saw they have S203 BBS's for some crazy money >SG$6k!!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
for the warranty question, most cars in Sg are "scraped" after 10 yrs.. unless you rather pay COE every yr thus, the lifespan of the car on the road in Sg is shorten which correlates to the short warranty as well..

Does Mcwell have a dyno?? cant believe such a reputable shorp such as garage R doesnt even have a dyno!!!.. how the hell do they tune their car?!!.. road tune?? geez.. thats terrible..

but to be honest, parts in Sg are much cheaper then getting it online though, for example, the tein flex coilovers with the EDFC sells for SD$1600++.. the same item cost USD$1700 altogether here as well.. .

think for SG.. you should get some coilovers.. since the roads in SG are so smooth and twisty at times... then drop it all the way... like a japan GT car... it would look awesome!

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey guys!
just wanna say hello again. noticed our previous threads have been binned. i'm in UK and Canada for almost a month now. finally returning home this friday!

it's been hell, driving 'pos' rental cars. i missed my scooby and it kills me when i see one passing me. in toronto, i've only seen only a couple of wrx's much less than in london.

would be interesting to drive again in sg, hve to 'de-program' my instinct to drive on the right side and not to turn right during red..

cheers
kave

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
TP speeding checks

Shicane said:
hahaha ... and be careful when speeding.. thanks to the dam traffic police on the overhead bridges.!!!!..
Yeah!
kave, welcome back to S'pore, and do be careful. The whole speeding thing here is getting a bit tight. Last week, I'm still not sure if i was snapped, but was only at 105, in light traffic, i was pushing to catch up another STI (just for a look, not race) on the PIE when i saw the police bike

Now i listen in to the traffic news (on class95), they always say something like..."on the PIE after eunos, obay the speed limit". Sure enough when you get there, you'll see a police bike at the side of the road

I'll be in the US for the next 2 weeks, Santa Clara. last trip only saw 1 STI, hope to see more this time out...

·
Registered
13 Posts
wup!

not back in sg yet. will be another slow slog of 34hrs before i kiss changi's soil.

i can't understand how a car lover is to survive in Canada. the traffic maint. actually put salt on the roads to melt the snow and ice during winter. no wonder a lot of cars (10 yrs or older) were riddled with rust corrosion on the body panels. yeesh!

oh yes, speaking of driving. been driving in toronto and i must say the peeps here are much civilised than sg. well most of them. i had to tone down my driving and re-learn how to say thanks and give way...

later
kave

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello fellow Singaporeans. I live in Mission B.C. Canada I just traded my 05 STI for an 06.
STI here are 300HP and 2.5 L engines. What are yours in Singapore.How much do they cost out there on the road.Also, the S'pore police are using WRX now. Her's my 06

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts