IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
i know this may be a stupid question,
But I’m trying to use Cobb accessport to tune my car to stage 2.

does stage 2 include intake, down pipe, andcat back exhaust?

thank you

·
Super Moderator
8,474 Posts
The map notes will tell you exactly what it is for, which stage 2 is generally not for an intake. If they have a Stage 2+ or Stage 3 map for your car, it may be for their intake.

Ideally, a custom tune would be your best bet. I offer E-tuning and can provide assistance in that case. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The map notes will tell you exactly what it is for, which stage 2 is generally not for an intake. If they have a Stage 2+ or Stage 3 map for your car, it may be for their intake.

Ideally, a custom tune would be your best bet. I offer E-tuning and can provide assistance in that case. :)
so having an Intake can mess up the vehicle on stage 2? Because I already have an intake on the car

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay let me rephrase the question,
Cobb stage 1 included an intake
Cobb stage 2 is the downpipe and exhaust system

the vehicle was tuned by a professional because it had a boost control and a header. NowI am taking the header and boost control off and trying to tune my Sti with Cobb accessport.
Do I need to go stage 1 and the. Stage 2? Or can I just go stage 2 without tuning stage 1?
It will have an intake, downpipe, and exhaust system when the header and boost control is taken off
Thank you

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
What kind of intake? Are you using the cobb intake?

If you are using the cobb intake + cobb catted down pipe and then any catback exhaust....the cobb stage 2 map should be what you're looking for. There should be high wastegate and low wastegate versions of those maps if i remember correctly along with 93 and 91 octane versions. You will need to pick what ever fuel you are using. You should also monitor boost via the accessport and see what wastegate version map works best. Although i agree with what Yamaha said above. Ideally, a custom tune is best for our cars.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What kind of intake? Are you using the cobb intake?

If you are using the cobb intake + cobb catted down pipe and then any catback exhaust....the cobb stage 2 map should be what you're looking for. There should be high wastegate and low wastegate versions of those maps if i remember correctly along with 93 and 91 octane versions. You will need to pick what ever fuel you are using. You should also monitor boost via the accessport and see what wastegate version map works best. Although i agree with what Yamaha said above. Ideally, a custom tune is best for our cars.
I see,

I do have the cobb SF intake. I’m wondering how the custom tune works?

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
You're not returning to stock and you need a tune, so keep the EBC and and header unless they are shot. EVen then better to replace em.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I see,

I do have the cobb SF intake. I’m wondering how the custom tune works?
Well first you will need an accessport, then you will have to contact a professional tuner and set up a time and date to have the car protuned on the dyno. Some tuners also offer e-tunes. I would prefer some real actual time on dyno when it comes to this stuff. Thats just my preference, id rather have it done right the first time. Either way you will need an accessport and a tuner no matter what direction you decide to go with.

You're not returning to stock and you need a tune, so keep the EBC and and header unless they are shot. EVen then better to replace em.
I also agree with this. Why bother going back down to a basic cobb OTS map when you have a better set up already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts