Ets fmic
Stock Sti manifold
El headers
3inch Straight pipes
Speed density
4bar map
Tgv deletes

I was just wondering what kind of power I’ll be looking at for e85
You will be probably limited by stock valves size, cams and head stud size. But the answer lies in how much boost you want to run and how conservative your tuner wants to be on 93/e85 with cyl pressure. I would have opted for a g series turbo or a step down in size on the precision. 6262 on stock heads is a touch big.

I dont like throwing numbers as every tune and dyno is quite different and different motors like different numbers.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will be probably limited by stock valves size, cams and head stud size. But the answer lies in how much boost you want to run and how conservative your tuner wants to be on 93/e85 with cyl pressure. I would have opted for a g series turbo or a step down in size on the precision. 6262 on stock heads is a touch big.

I dont like throwing numbers as every tune and dyno is quite different and different motors like different numbers.

I have plus 1 valves and 80lbs springs hood for 40psi
I’ve had people tell me I’ll clear 600 no problem but with out being o ringed I’ll be limited to right under 700 and jr tuned is my tuner. I’m just trying to get others opinions on it

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have plus 1 valves and 80lbs springs hood for 40psi
I’ve had people tell me I’ll clear 600 no problem but with out being o ringed I’ll be limited to right under 700 and jr tuned is my tuner. I’m just trying to get others opinions on it
Jr has done quite a few motors. I would ask him what he projects it to be. I've tuned enough on standalone ecu's to have an idea but JR would know the dyno and conditions better. Without cams and headstuds i would be hard pressed to believe how well it would breath up top which is where that turbo likes to be.

I wont get into the o-ring/ non o-ringed debate.
1/2 head studs or 14mm headstuds with good block prep and head prep and an mls head gasket and accurate timing numbers can clear 700whp. The valves being oversized will help but cam profile wont match the turbo well. You'd have to spin it out quite a bit and stock cams dont like that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jr has done quite a few motors. I would ask him what he projects it to be. I've tuned enough on standalone ecu's to have an idea but JR would know the dyno and conditions better. Without cams and headstuds i would be hard pressed to believe how well it would breath up top which is where that turbo likes to be.

I wont get into the o-ring/ non o-ringed debate.
1/2 head studs or 14mm headstuds with good block prep and head prep and an mls head gasket and accurate timing numbers can clear 700whp. The valves being oversized will help but cam profile wont match the turbo well. You'd have to spin it out quite a bit and stock cams dont like that.

Thank you for the information, car will be getting built heads and 68/70 this winter, anything else? You think I should add
Around 570-600whp on E85
Around 570-600whp on E85
Now that’s what I’ve been hearing
Around 570-600whp on E85
Baha. The last one i put on the dyno with a motec m1 made 590whp on e85 around 28.5psi with a 6262 and .82a/r

what was the build list?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts