IW STi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously I can search up what the TGV does, basically it removes the butterfly valves.

But, how are people tuning for those now with Cobb's greenspeed update?

Is it just open source/ecutek now? Would love some insight.

Appreciate it guys. <3

· Registered
2,145 Posts
They aren’t tuning for them post greenspeed. You may be able to delete codes with other programs like ecu tek. Or opensource or standalone. But no longer with cobb. Unless you have an ancient cobb accessport (v2) and the accestuner race lol

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They aren’t tuning for them post greenspeed. You may be able to delete codes with other programs like ecu tek. Or opensource or standalone. But no longer with cobb. Unless you have an ancient cobb accessport (v2) and the accestuner race lol
Just sold my V2 port haha.

Ill figure it out im sure with my tuner when I go get pro tuned. May not even need TGV delete for 400WHP.

· Registered
2,145 Posts
Just sold my V2 port haha.

Ill figure it out im sure with my tuner when I go get pro tuned. May not even need TGV delete for 400WHP.
You shouldn’t need them. IAG released a tgv housing that works with greenspeed and flows better recently. I still think deletes flow best but you don’t need them to hit 400

· Registered
2,145 Posts
IAG has released their v3 TGV Housings, they still retain the TGV's, but flow better. Not sure if they will give me more clearance for the 3" turbo inlet and bigger turbo yet though.
I doubt they give clearance. The issue wasn’t the housings but the motors. Since these retain the motors, it’s unlikely there will be extra room for a 3” compressor side inlet.

· Premium Member
2016 STi crystal black silica
88 Posts
I doubt they give clearance. The issue wasn’t the housings but the motors. Since these retain the motors, it’s unlikely there will be extra room for a 3” compressor side inlet.
I just looked at those, and they're not terribly expensive either. I hope that they'll make dual injector housings on a road-legal TGV setup, like their offroad/race model (water/meth injection?)

I do think they state that there is a little more clearance for inlets though, on the product page.

· Registered
2015 STi Limited
14 Posts
This is what Im wracking my brain and combing the web trying to find out. I came into a FP Black BB with the 84mm FAP cover. I need to know if the v3 TGV Housings provide the same clearance as a delete.

· Registered
2015 STi Limited
14 Posts
This is what Im wracking my brain and combing the web trying to find out. I came into a FP Black BB with the 84mm FAP cover. I need to know if the v3 TGV Housings provide the same clearance as a delete.
Just called IAG - they said that the v3 TGV housings are the same size as an OEM, but that if you have the 8mm Phenolic spacers, it should give you enough room. It was said that its still a very tight fit regardless but that should do the trick. Im ordering them and will let everyone know in the next 3 weeks what happens I guess. Trying to fit an FP Black and 84mm Inlet post-greenspeed code-free doesnt seem to be an easy task.

· Registered
39 Posts
Just called IAG - they said that the v3 TGV housings are the same size as an OEM, but that if you have the 8mm Phenolic spacers, it should give you enough room. It was said that its still a very tight fit regardless but that should do the trick. Im ordering them and will let everyone know in the next 3 weeks what happens I guess. Trying to fit an FP Black and 84mm Inlet post-greenspeed code-free doesnt seem to be an east task.
That's good to know! I have a set of 3 & 8mm Phenolic Spacers and was thinking it would fit with the 8mm ones too..
Please take some pics and show us the clearances and difficulties you encounter. (y)

· Registered
10 Posts
I was curious about the iag ones too, was wondering if the ECU needs to see some sort of resistance on the tgv motor (ie the flapper and springs in the tgv unit) or if the servos can just be mounted out of the way and a non flapper tgv unit be installed.

· Registered
2 Posts
Ok so what I did in my totally off road only 08 wrx sti was I simply removed the valves, left the bar and the sensor in it. the Cobb won't remove the bit in the ECU, mostly because it's emissions b.s, the sensor has to have a postion and a resistance to not throw a code. From my understanding of it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts