IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am either going to trade in my car or sell it. I took it to a dealer few days ago. And they initially offered 25k and than after seeing that my car has been keyed (barely recognizable on the side door) and few paint scraps, lowered it to 23.5k. It is 2006 STi, Alpine white, only 3k miles, no accident, very nice condition. Should I sell it for 23.5k or find another buyer.

The reason I am selling is my sister will be driving my car in near future, and so I decided to change to automatic transmission (maybe BMW 335 coupe.)

Nevertheless I love my STi.

Help me out here.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
your losing so much money by selling your car... just teach your sis how to drive stick rent a car from hertz or avis in manual for a day and just do that

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
purreplayya69 said:
your losing so much money by selling your car... just teach your sis how to drive stick rent a car from hertz or avis in manual for a day and just do that
+1 or just teach her on the sti

·
Registered
124 Posts
It isn't worth trading it in. I was thinking of trading it in and the dealers literally tried to rape me. Instead, I taught my girlfriend how to drive it..somewhat, enough to drive it out of the storage unit and put a few miles on it every week. Your best bet is to teach her how to drive it. Assuming you paid about 32k for it....$8.5k is a big loss!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Dont sell your car just because she dosent know how to drive a stick. Teach her to drive a stick and after the car gets passed down to her, leave it up to her rather to trade it, sell it, or keep it.

But if you are set on selling it. Sell it to someone if not the dealers will give you 23.5k then turn around and sell it for prob 27k or something around in there.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
WOW, $23.5K is pretty low for trade in espeically since the '07 hasn't really come out yet and your STI is so new. If a dealership offered me that, I would have left. That's like trading your STI in for a new '06 Honda Accord or Toyota Camry XLE. :( I think you should keep your STI. If not, then sell it private party through Autotrader, newpaper, craig's list, etc. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
ill trade you a 2006 2.5i automatic, with 1500 on the clock, in Steel Gray for it.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
i would buy it for 26...in a month. the dealers are ripping u off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will like to sell for 26k. I am not in hurry to trade in. But its not Gold BBS rim, its silver. And as I said the paint condition is not "perfect"

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
tekD said:
I will like to sell for 26k. I am not in hurry to trade in. But its not Gold BBS rim, its silver. And as I said the paint condition is not "perfect"
how much did you buy it for? 26k sounds pretty low for a car that only has 3k miles on it..

·
Registered
451 Posts
wow. for 3,000 you could get the paint fixed.

and put a crap of mods into it. just another thought.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
bump for a nice low mileage sti. def. a lucky find and makes me wish i hadnt had to pay off those damn credit cards bfeore saving up.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
or sell it to a person for 26k and make a buyer happy. no offense to the dealer but i know theyd mark it up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I bought it for around 33k 34k. I bought it a year ago. When it first came out. But I didn't drive it much because it was my second car...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts