IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions for those of you that have changed their fuel pump and injectors. What brand did you guys go with? What were the flow rates? Where did you purchase them?

Also, has anyone seen a new fuel rail system for the STi yet? I know Perrin has one for the WRX, but not for the STi.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
i believe the injectors are side feed and dont need a fuel rail ?? (correct me if im wrong). As for injectors , Dan has some 6XX cc and 850cc PE injectors which are supposed to be really good and for a pump, probably a 255 walbro or walboro or whatever its called fuel pump will do good!

Robert~

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the feedback. I've been looking around and I've seen the Walbro pump and a bunch of different injectors. Denso, XS Engineeering, etc. I'd like to see some dyno data with new injectors if anybody has it. Maybe duty cycle %

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
from what i understand the walbro pump is not much better than our stock fuel pump...i was told , however, if you really want more ponies you have to get larger injectors...i found out ours on the nadm sti are 480cc...not 525,as i thought bummer...one more thing to add to my list of mods

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ya you will need a pump upgrade (from waht dan told me) and injector upgrades. I'd recommend just going all out (as you can control the a/f and injector duty cycle (i believe) anyways with Emanage, UTEC , etc) and buying the 850CC PE injectors and the Walbro 255lph? pump. It might not be much better, but I know it is somewhat better.

Robert~

·
Registered
240 Posts
i think the walbro 255lph is the one we have (or same size), im pretty sure that is what i read. if i remember right, i read about someone going with a supra fuel pump (i think) - anyway, im 90% sure it was bigger than 255lph.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Where can I get this front lip?

I noticed some people take your old inj as cores, so what is really being done to the injectors , extruded hone, edm. Also how are they flow tested, what kind of bench or procedures are used. How does the modifed spray pattern relateto te bowl. What is the limitation of the stock lines and rails?
These are all questions I am not familiar with on gas vehicles, but I am very interested in injectors for mrs norcal_pullers sti

1 - 8 of 8 Posts