IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have FMIC's on your 04 STI. This is a question for you. Iam thining about getting one myself, but before i do I just want to know how good do they run on the stock turbo? any lag or lost of power in any way? So if you can please help me out,Thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
It works but not really worth it with stock turbo. If you plan on upgrading turbo than definately get one but there are other mods you should do first like downpipe, intake, boost controller and fuel management.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks, but what if you have a turbo back exhaust, intake, header, boost controller, s-afc. Then would the front mount do fine with the stock turbo?

·
Registered
357 Posts
H2 Commercial

If you have all those things then yes go for it. AFter that start saving for fuel pump/injectors/larger MAF housing/turbo upgrade.

·
Registered
357 Posts
FMIC will NOT increase lag. IT may dull throttle response a tad compared to the stock TMIC but boost comes on at the exact same RPM as measured on the dyno. I should know. I ran those tests personally.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Wouldn't the turbo have to come on sooner to compensate for the greatly increased volume of air to compress in order to avoid lag? I know that with the same effort, it takes me a lot longer to inflate an air mattress than it does to inflate a ballon to the same pressure.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yes but you forgot that the pressure drop on the FMIC is less than 1 PSI as compared to 3 PSI stock TMIC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts