IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know there's a reason they changed the lower cased "i" in STi to the upper cased "I" for the new STI's. Didn't it have something to do with an "updated" AVCS? Or was it something else??

I need to know because the bottom end is almost done and the heads need to be addressed. It's the difference between JDM V8 RA Spec-C Heads and JDM V9 RA Spec-C heads.

I always thought that the newer STI had AVCS on both the intake and exhaust cams, but everyone has been telling me otherwise. I know the newer STI has something significantly better than my poor 2005 and prior model because they are noticeably quicker down low.

Also, do the JDM V9 STI/RA Spec-C use 5-plug Chassis Harnesses? and is the Drive-By-Wire Throttle Body the same size, bolt pattern, and use the same connections as the USDM 05' STi? What about the cam sensors, different?

Thanks!

Johnny

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump...

does anyone know what the difference is? if any??

is it simply the AVCS mapping? or was there a change, or update, in the AVCS for the 2006-up STI's?

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
i seriously doubt the chane from "i" to "I" had anything to do with physical changes in the car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ver7wannabe said:
Just journalists that couldn't get it right.
Ahhh...that's what I was thinking...since i've been hearing that they're all the same, i figured they were just blowin smoke...cause i DID read it in a magazine, just forgot exactly which one...

So, kinda OT: Can anyone tell me if my 05' USDM STi's Drive-by-Wire Throttle Body will fit on the JDM V8 RAC Long Runner (1-pc Non-TGV) Intake Manifold? Also, does the V9 RA Spec-C use a non-TGV manifold as well? or no?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts