IW STi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. i want your feedback. I posted this on nasioc too...
It is time for me to get a set of all season tires for my STi. I know a lot of you guys are going to say all season tires suck etc. etc… But let me explain I don’t push my car extremely hard on public roads, a few daily sprints . I use separate set of rims with falken RT615, which is use solely for tracking (that is where I push my STi to the limits ). So I am just looking for one set of tires to deal with my daily 60 mile commute to work. I live in the Philadelphia, South jersey and Delaware region so weather wise I am looking at a couple of a snow storms a year. Not like Chicago or the New England Area. Right now i am running Toyo proxes-4. In the dry they are okay. They are a bit squishy when I push the car. In the snow they are average, it does it job. I know this is no comparison, but I have a set of blizzak’s on my wife’s rear wheel drive G35. Her car handles better in the snow than my AWD with Toyo Proxes-4. But the Toyo’s did get me home safely when it was snowing. NOW… I am torn between Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S or Continental ContiExtreme contact. A lot of people on the forum love the Pzeros. I have exhausted the search function and I am still torn. Some people who use the Pzero's had serious issues in the snow. I could not find much info on the Continental’s. Are they too soft? Are they softer than the Toyo’s? Please guys I need all of your inputs. I need to order a set within 2 weeks.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
id staw away from the pirelli's. alot of people i put them on for arent too fond of them. youd have better luck with the continentals. i have theese http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...eed_rating=ZR&speed_rating=WR&speed_rating=YR . theyre verry inexpensive, and out perform tires 3 times their price. i absolutely love em. i was soooo surprised that they are as good as they are mainly because of the brand. i have yet to drive in the snow with them, theyre not really meant for it. i have heard from others that theyre pretty decent in the snow.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
johnlude85 said:
id staw away from the pirelli's. alot of people i put them on for arent too fond of them. youd have better luck with the continentals. i have theese http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...eed_rating=ZR&speed_rating=WR&speed_rating=YR . theyre verry inexpensive, and out perform tires 3 times their price. i absolutely love em. i was soooo surprised that they are as good as they are mainly because of the brand. i have yet to drive in the snow with them, theyre not really meant for it. i have heard from others that theyre pretty decent in the snow.
thanks for the info. But tire rack recommends not to use it in snow. They are rated as Ultra high performance summer. I don't want to take that chance. I had a set of bridgeston So3 pole position they are rated as ultra high performance summer tires. BIG MISTAKE in the snow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts