IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Use a long needle looking tool (called hose remover) get the turbo compressor side on, then tighten the inter cooler

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
Lube it. Wiggle it after your tenth time its not even difficult - and on my car it has to come out to do so many things . . . Even to check my trans oil.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Use a long needle looking tool (called hose remover) get the turbo compressor side on, then tighten the inter cooler
This. Same issue I had but luckily my buddy that those needle tools and it went on immediately. Kind of a must have honestly.

·
Registered
234 Posts
goto harbor freight grab some 90 degree needle nose wrap the end in electrical tape for protection spray soapy water on inside of tube tilt intercooler so red hose is in position once you get the folding hose effect stick pliers in there and work around the hose and your there!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Ummm, remove or loosen the bracket on the drivers side for the tmic. Then put some silicon lube on both hoses of the tmic and litterally slip it on. Tighten up the clamps and bracket after. All done.

·
Super Moderator
8,595 Posts
I can say I do not miss messing with that TMIC. It was always a massive pain and something I couldn't not do by myself, if I wanted to keep from scratching everything up. I wish they'd get rid of the TMIC as it's just not a good location.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts