IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys

I bought the JDM red push button start switch for my STi. I noticed the other day, that some people have one where the STi illuminates. Mine does not. The engine start/stop lights up, but not the STi logo.

Is there a different model with the one that has the illuminating STi logo?

Thanks for reading!

Cheers,

Christopher

·
Registered
469 Posts
I believe the older push buttons lit up the STI logo and the newer ones don't. There was a thread on here that got into it.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Japanese safety laws. Older ones (like mine) has the STI logo illuminated. Newer models (like Boba’s) have the “engine start/stop” illuminated, since you would need that to be illuminated at night to see where to start the car, or in an emergency at night.

Basically, if a complete utter moron had to turn your engine off at night, they would rather them see “engine start/stop” rather than “the STI button”...

I’ve seen people who couldn’t figure out how to put a car into neutral while going into an auto car wash (only knew of park and drive), so yeah there is that level of stupidity out there that’s allowed behind multiple tons of speeding steel.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Japanese safety laws. Older ones (like mine) has the STI logo illuminated. Newer models (like Boba’s) have the “engine start/stop” illuminated, since you would need that to be illuminated at night to see where to start the car, or in an emergency at night.

Basically, if a complete utter moron had to turn your engine off at night, they would rather them see “engine start/stop” rather than “the STI button”...

I’ve seen people who couldn’t figure out how to put a car into neutral while going into an auto car wash (only knew of park and drive), so yeah there is that level of stupidity out there that’s allowed behind multiple tons of speeding steel.

Well, if anyone knows where to find a brand new one that has the STI illuminated, let me know. I would like to pick one up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Japanese safety laws. Older ones (like mine) has the STI logo illuminated. Newer models (like Boba?s) have the ?engine start/stop? illuminated, since you would need that to be illuminated at night to see where to start the car, or in an emergency at night.

Basically, if a complete utter moron had to turn your engine off at night, they would rather them see ?engine start/stop? rather than ?the STI button?...

I?ve seen people who couldn?t figure out how to put a car into neutral while going into an auto car wash (only knew of park and drive), so yeah there is that level of stupidity out there that?s allowed behind multiple tons of speeding steel.

Well, if anyone knows where to find a brand new one that has the STI illuminated, let me know. I would like to pick one up.
https://instagram.com/p/BS-CmVMAFA8/ Thats how mines look and my ig btw.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts