IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I am wanting to remove and delete the Purge Soleniod and block the hose from the intake manifold tube which is attached to the Solenoid.

Will this have any effect on engine operation ?? As this will block the fuel breather pipe will t have any effects ???

Any help greatly appreciated.
Regards.

·
Registered
47 Posts
great question, from what i've read the purge solenoid is part of the cars emissions setup. It will throw a cel, and supposedly not allow you to set cruise control. If anyone knows more please elaborate:)....

·
Registered
190 Posts
From what I can tell you want to delete the fuel vapor system? Why? Yes it will throw a code. You can shut it off with the cobb though or open source and your car will be fine.

If your wanting to delete the egr or tgv that's different and there are a few companies that make block off plates for the egr system and also other companies that sell pnp tgv assemblies. Search and you will find. Shut codes off and you will be set. A cop catches you or you fail sniffer testing though .. and fines or no sticker

·
Registered
43 Posts
My engine builder has removed my purge control valve.
He removed it because my atp turbo does not have a boost nipple on the compressor outlet like the stock one. He routed the boost solinoid from the nipple on the inlet manifold that the purge control used.
I have not noticed any effects of having it removed.
My tuner suggested that having the hosing removed would not cause a cel unless you unplugged the conector on the solinoid itself.

Why are you wanting to remove yours?

·
Registered
1 Posts
so I just got a wrx and there is no purge valve on it and it wasn’t deleted they just took it off and my car has like no acceleration till about 5000 rpm when the turbo finally spools and I get an engine code p0444 how do I fix that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts