IW STi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, so I'm officially going to start my build today if all goes well. Import image racing is having a 10% off everything cyber Monday sale and I see this as a great opportunity to make my first preformance purchase. I'll start by saying that my Goal is 550-600 AWHP, which IIR guarantees their "Stage 2Tuff" and even Stage 2 ShortBlock is capable of RELIABLY handeling, do you guys think this Goal will not compromise the reliability of my Sti including the new short block? NO I will not be daily driving her when the installs come and I do not plan on abusing her either and yes I understand that the short block is only the first step on my Project and that almost everything else will need to be upgraded. Now, also apart from weather their products are Reliable, are they Worth the money$$$??? That's my main question, can I take another path possibly through another company that will get me more for my money? Keep in mind everything is 10% off today, and if so please leave suggestions to other company's that can offer the better for My $ and I am willing to purchase today if it means catching another's cyber Monday deal. One last thing, if IIR is a good company to start my project through, which short Block is the best One for my Goal? They will obviously tell me to get the more expensive one so I'd rather hear it from you guys. And should I buy all the other components necessary through them as well? The blocks come with pistons bearings and rods but they differ from each other depending on wick stage you buy, but aside from that should I go my own way upon purchasing oil and water pumps timing belt component and head stud kit etc. to get the best performance parts possible? Or should I trust IIR enough to purchase most parts from/through them? Only reason I ask is because there's usually always a better Upgrade out there that's more worth the price. Thank you all for your advice which is greatly needed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts