IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am new to this forum and do not know much about Subarus. I live in Madison, WI and plan on purchasing a serious car for road use. Maybe you guys can help me on my decision.

I have been doing research about the Nissan Skylines and want to own one, especially the R32s. But unfortuniately, according to a guy from Unreal Imports, the R32 GTR is no longer legal in the U.S. Sooo.... that means that if I want one really that bad, I would have to get the R33 GTRs or the R34 GTRs. The R34 costs way tooo much ($80,000 - $90,000), and the R33 body shape are a little larger and known to be a little slower. But IF I choose to purchase a Skyline I would pick the R33 GTR.

I am now really thinking about the WRX STI, but I really want to know what you guys think. According to the website, http://www.car-videos.com/performance/view.asp?ID1=169&ID2=262 , the STI takes out the R33.

The R33 cost approx. $45,000.00 to $60,000.00. The STI cost only approx. $30,000.00. My only interest in the skyline is that it has a really strong engine and can take lots of beating. The fact that I am new to Subarus, I am not sure about the STI's engine. I know that the Skyline has decent top-end speed, I am not really sure about the STI.
Please help me clear these things out. I am planning on purchaseing my vehicle(s) soon.

Information about the skyline site, please visit:
www.speed53.com
www.unreal-imports.com

Thank you all for your time, have a great Christmas!!! :)

Sincerely,
Mengy

·
Registered
270 Posts
and that my friends is why Scuba Steve is an Expert Driver :lol:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Last clean pics of Sonia for 2003

I'd buy the R34 V-spec black or blue but like you said it's way too much money. For me at least.
Buy the STI now and the USDM Skyline in 2007 when it finally should come to the states, according to Nissan. I'm sure it will be less than $90,000.

Thanks for the links.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm not sure about the R32, talk to motorex.net they are the only fully legal skyline importers. Don't forget that the R32 will be a 12 year old car, and the R33 will be like 6 or 7, so it will probably need alot more replacing.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
I've driven many GT-R's and they are awesome cars! worth the money it costs to get one in the usa? NO! buy the STi and like someone else said reconsider the Infiniti GT-R in 2007, althou it will be a V8 awd...
on the other hand, i saw a RB26DETT with awd conversion in a 350z, so it can be done to G35 coupe too i would guess which is a R35 skyline 350GT... u could always get a G35 coupe, rebadge it nissan and put either RB26DETT or wait for the new GT-R's powerplant to become availible

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have you driven each car? I think that you might find ATTESA too cool to pass up, and the GT-R can produce some wicked power reliably.

If you're not tuning the car, though, the performance of the sti will be a bit better. Joshua Downs at Don Miller is pretty open to test-drives and he has two Blue/Gold stis on the lot right now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your inputs.

Yes, I have driven a skyline. My idiot cousin in BKK, Thailand has a R32 GTR V-spec and when I visited him, I test drove his car........ dang was it fast. And it only had 550 hp! -> (according to him.) However, I didn't push the car to it's limit because the steering wheel was on the right hand side.

I have also driven my brother-in-laws STI, and enjoy the ride. I just wish it has ATTESA like the GTRs. While I was on the hwy going 70mph, I down shift and hit the gas, I just wish for more power.

Here is my reason for wanting a car that has quik pick-up, midrange, and topend for a legitimate price. All my cousins living here in the U.S. own top notch cars. Most of them own modied BMW M3, NSXT, Supras TT, Porches and 2 of their sons own Ferrari 360s (I think???). I want something that can keep up.

·
Registered
133 Posts
seriously, my opinion. i would say get a skyline. Im actually thinking about selling my STI so i can import me over a skyline.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts