IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a protune and was wondering the need for gauges on such a setup. Is it an absolute requirement? (i.e. boost, a/f, egt, etc)

Would I benefit from from gauges on a non-protuned stage 2 (as my car stands currently)?

Thanks in advance for your input!

·
IWSTI Club Level 11ty
5,687 Posts
guages are always good.
I wish the sti came with more.
with that said, i am tuned cobb 2 with no guages...
im in the market for them. im waiting for the maddads.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
it's always good to know what's going on with your car, especially if you mod the engine. if you get them, i'd go with boost, oil pressure or temp, and egt. the a/f gauge is just a light show when you're driving.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm stage two and actually took out my maddad V1's (boost, oil pres, egt) because I came to the conclusion that there really is no need for them with just a stage 2 flash and supporting mods. The numbers always read the same, in all conditions, so I got sick of them and pulled em out! Mounted my Valentine one remote display in my clockpod and think it looks much cleaner IMO.

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
I love my defi's, if for nothing else than the fact that they're purty. It does give a lot of peace of mind to keep track of the gauges though.

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
you should have a boost gauge even if your stock. egt and oil press (and/or oil temp) are certainly good to have but not as important as boost.

·
Registered
451 Posts
evilSTi7 said:
you should have a boost gauge even if your stock. egt and oil press (and/or oil temp) are certainly good to have but not as important as boost.

I think the only situation where a boost gauge would be needed on the stock turbo would be with a DP+no EM...I hope

1 - 7 of 7 Posts