IW STi Forum banner

Which ProTune Tuner is more worth the $$$$ & Reliability Factor?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whats up guys? I have my Cobb Stage 2 complete. I want to get a protune done but I cant figure out where to go.... I live in New Jersey so Agile is 3 hours from my house, XX Tuning is 4 hours and Precision is 45 minutes from my house.

Agile (Md) charges a flat $500 cost for dyno and road tune.

XX Tuning (CT) charges a flat $300 cost for dyno and road tune.

Precision Tuning (NJ) charges a flat $150 cost for road tune.

I know the tune depends on the tuner and the car... so who has the better tuner?? And is $200 worth going to Agile in Md???

Road Tune VS Road tune and Dyno Tune ($150 VS $300)

My Mods:
TBE
APS CAI
Warblo fuel pump (to be installed)
Prodrive boost solenoid (to be installed)
APS BOV (to be installed)

What do you guys think i should do?
I'm not looking for the most amoun of power.. This is a daily driver and need it to be reliable too.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
Well Im biased but I have good reason to be... If you want it done right and get the most out of your car go see Hill and Agile....

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I dont know anything about Agile, but i have gone to XX on a few occasions. and they got my buddy with K&N Shortram, Headers - Up-pipe, TBE, and he put down 340 WHP and 360 FT-LBS on a Utec. He had an 04 STI.. I've purchased a few parts and the customer service there was cool.. I knew a couple of guys that got tuned by them and their cars were fast.. MY EXPERIENCE.

·
Banned
8,265 Posts
Road tune is just as good, just w/o the numbers. After a dyno tune the car SHOULD ALWAYS go on the road, because there are wayyy to many variables on the road compared to all the controlled variables on the dyno.

If money is tight, go for the road tune.

·
Registered
80 Posts
im 110% happy with my tune from agile, torque curve is very smooth, car drives like stock except with 20lbs of boost and alot faster, agile gets my vote all day long :tup: results are in sig

·
Premium Member
3,319 Posts
I say XXtuning. Chris is the man. They are the only ones that I let work on my cars. Ever STi I have seen come out of there has made great #'s and Chris wont let it leave the shop till it is dialed in perfect.

·
Registered
413 Posts
2fas4u said:
Well Im biased but I have good reason to be... If you want it done right and get the most out of your car go see Hill and Agile....
Amen, you will not likely see better results or better customer service than you will at agile!

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
FlyinbySTi said:
I say XXtuning. Chris is the man. They are the only ones that I let work on my cars. Ever STi I have seen come out of there has made great #'s and Chris wont let it leave the shop till it is dialed in perfect.
Flyin, has Chris filled in Tony's shoes well?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Agile !!!!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Funny thing about the prices.

Agile's protune is higher, however their turbo and header install price was less than precision and XX. In addition, they said they could get it all done in one day.
When I factored waiting an extra(day off from work), agile was much cheaper.

·
Premium Member
3,319 Posts
JJ18Sniper said:
Flyin, has Chris filled in Tony's shoes well?
Totally, I have talked to a few people who have had Chris tune their cars and they were more then happy with his work.
I know Chris from all of the mustang tuning he's done. He always take the time to make it right, he wont let a car leave that isn't running dead on perfect. He has overwhelming knowledge of the tunning software. Chris really is an amazing tuning in both the Subaru world and the Mustang world.

I was alittle scared too when i heard tony was leaving. I was thinking oh man who is going to take his place. Then when I heard Chris was going to be taking over for him all my worries went away and can't wait to give him a crack at my car as soon as the exhaust goes on there. I'll let him tune any one of my cars any time.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
FlyinbySTi said:
Totally, I have talked to a few people who have had Chris tune their cars and they were more then happy with his work.
I know Chris from all of the mustang tuning he's done. He always take the time to make it right, he wont let a car leave that isn't running dead on perfect. He has overwhelming knowledge of the tunning software. Chris really is an amazing tuning in both the Subaru world and the Mustang world.

I was alittle scared too when i heard tony was leaving. I was thinking oh man who is going to take his place. Then when I heard Chris was going to be taking over for him all my worries went away and can't wait to give him a crack at my car as soon as the exhaust goes on there. I'll let him tune any one of my cars any time.
Good to know! Thanks for the feedback. I like knowing I do not need to depend on people flying around the country for a tune, when I have one nearby.

·
Registered
145 Posts
saad said:
Whats up guys? I have my Cobb Stage 2 complete. I want to get a protune done but I cant figure out where to go.... I live in New Jersey so Agile is 3 hours from my house, XX Tuning is 4 hours and Precision is 45 minutes from my house.

Agile (Md) charges a flat $500 cost for dyno and road tune.

XX Tuning (CT) charges a flat $300 cost for dyno and road tune.

Precision Tuning (NJ) charges a flat $150 cost for road tune.

I know the tune depends on the tuner and the car... so who has the better tuner?? And is $200 worth going to Agile in Md???

Road Tune VS Road tune and Dyno Tune ($150 VS $300)

My Mods:
TBE
APS CAI
Warblo fuel pump (to be installed)
Prodrive boost solenoid (to be installed)
APS BOV (to be installed)

What do you guys think i should do?
I'm not looking for the most amoun of power.. This is a daily driver and need it to be reliable too.

Thanks in advance
I recently heard that junior over at ics performance in stanford just got the software from cobb to start tunning aps now. Just thought you might want to consider him as well since your right there.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.