IW STi Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17’ Rally Blue Sti Stage 1+ Cobb Sf Carbon Fiber intake & OTS tune
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i know this has most likely been answered before but i can’t seem to find the answer, so i just got my 17’ Sti protuned today and the gas pedal is not sensitive at all, wayyy less sensitive than even when i did the access port OTS tune, will my gas pedal ever become sensitive again like the ots tune ended up becoming sensitive again ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it's directly after the tune and no parts changes, it's likely that tuner's throttle mapping... Or, depending on how well trims/transients track.

Are you able to go back to an OTS tune? If so, load that and see if you get your 'sensitivity' back.
i wouldn’t want to go back to the ots just because im scared to mess with the protune i have now, I had a boost controller and a fuel pump put in my car

·
Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
761 Posts
i wouldn’t want to go back to the ots just because im scared to mess with the protune i have now, I had a boost controller and a fuel pump put in my car
Fuel pump doesn't matter but I wouldn't go OTS with a boost controller.

Your tuner should be able to adjust the throttle mapping and send you a new tune that you can load up yourself.
Complain sooner than later tho so they understand it's noticeably wrong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fuel pump doesn't matter but I wouldn't go OTS with a boost controller.

Your tuner should be able to adjust the throttle mapping and send you a new tune that you can load up yourself.
Complain sooner than later tho so they understand it's noticeably wrong.
thank you so much bro, i really appreciate it, im getting more used to it but i did give him a call and he said for me to come on down this upcoming week to get back on the dyno to make some minor adjustments

·
Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
761 Posts
thank you so much bro, i really appreciate it, im getting more used to it but i did give him a call and he said for me to come on down this upcoming week to get back on the dyno to make some minor adjustments
i’m as far as you can go on a stock turbo (short of e) and my throttle didn’t change, so he should be able to get there without issue.
Never settle for less! ☝🏻
Good luck on your next dyno sesh

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i’m as far as you can go on a stock turbo (short of e) and my throttle didn’t change, so he should be able to get there without issue.
Never settle for less! ☝🏻
Good luck on your next dyno sesh
hell yeah, what’s everything you got done? are you on stock short block too?

·
Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
761 Posts
hell yeah, what’s everything you got done? are you on stock short block too?
Stock block and turbo.
Only thing i havn’t done is an intake (airbox).
Otherwise i avoided TGV and EGR but now with the Cobb thing I’m glad I did.
I’ve got:
Cobb access port (Pro-tuned at neetronics)
Cobb 3" down pipe + heat shield
IAG air-oil separator
Killer B oil pickup + baffle
AEM 340 fuel pump
Tomei ELH w/ Cerakote finish
Grimmspeed silicone intake couplers
Cobb FPR
NGK step-colder spark plugs
Cobb 1050x injectors
Cobb EBCS
KillerB hard inlet pipe
Milltek catback
(Pasted from the thread in my sig)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stock block and turbo.
Only thing i havn’t done is an intake (airbox).
Otherwise i avoided TGV and EGR but now with the Cobb thing I’m glad I did.
I’ve got:
Cobb access port (Pro-tuned at neetronics)
Cobb 3" down pipe + heat shield
IAG air-oil separator
Killer B oil pickup + baffle
AEM 340 fuel pump
Tomei ELH w/ Cerakote finish
Grimmspeed silicone intake couplers
Cobb FPR
NGK step-colder spark plugs
Cobb 1050x injectors
Cobb EBCS
KillerB hard inlet pipe
Milltek catback
(Pasted from the thread in my sig)
how much power are you making

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how much power are you making i would love to hear the car
I have a GR and I’m making an honest 285/325 wheel.
I say honest in that i’d probably pull on a lot of people who claim to make 315hp with just a turboback and intake 😂
thats super sick, after my protune im making around 278 i can post the paper he left me with

·
Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
761 Posts
thats super sick, after my protune im making around 278 i can post the paper he left me with
Yea, I’m happy!
The STi is my daily so I was really just planning to stay a tame stage 1 and focus on the actual project car…
But covid boredom and the border being closed (making large shipments for the project car uneconomical) made modding the daily all that more appealing!
75+ mods later and here we are 😂
I draw the line before built/rotated, coilovers, and suspension bushings…. But everything else!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea, I’m happy!
The STi is my daily so I was really just planning to stay a tame stage 1 and focus on the actual project car…
But covid boredom and the border being closed (making large shipments for the project car uneconomical) made modding the daily all that more appealing!
75+ mods later and here we are 😂
I draw the line before built/rotated, coilovers, and suspension bushings…. But everything else!
that’s good power on a stock block dude, impressive, what’s your peak psi for the turbo

·
Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
761 Posts
that’s good power on a stock block dude, impressive, what’s your peak psi for the turbo
19 something from what I recall.
That would make sense, as I've read to keep it under 20psi on a stock block.
If I do a pull later while I'm out I'll try to note my peak and report back if I can remember!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
19 something from what I recall.
That would make sense, as I've read to keep it under 20psi on a stock block.
If I do a pull later while I'm out I'll try to note my peak and report back if I can remember!
okay cool, my tuner said he tuned my car at 19.1 psi but idk it’s weird i feel like sometimes i get more than stock psi and sometimes i get less than stock im going back on wednesday tho

·
Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
761 Posts
okay cool, my tuner said he tuned my car at 19.1 psi but idk it’s weird i feel like sometimes i get more than stock psi and sometimes i get less than stock im going back on wednesday tho
Finally remembered to do a pull on the way to work!
I usually run out of road before the car gets hot enough, but today the car idled in the driveway for an extra bit so I was able to hit and hold temp long enough to do a highway pull 😂
I did a 4th gear pull (starting at approx 60mph) and pulled to almost redline.
Hit 19.47psi 🤙

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Finally remembered to do a pull on the way to work!
I usually run out of road before the car gets hot enough, but today the car idled in the driveway for an extra bit so I was able to hit and hold temp long enough to do a highway pull 😂
I did a 4th gear pull (starting at approx 60mph) and pulled to almost redline.
Hit 19.47psi 🤙
that’s nice, super nice! i wish i was making that type of power, I also wish i lived that close to work lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts