IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have another protune session scheduled this week for a race gas map (likely 100 octane), and wanted to know if it would be worth swapping out my stock air box to an APS CAI before the tune.

Will the APS CAI allow my tuner to extract more power than the stock airbox in creating a 100 octane map, or will the gains be very minimal?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hells yea!! you will definetly get more power with the CAI and Protune:D

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
Yup, the APS CAI will definitely add some power when protuned. Not an extradorinate amount, but definitely some power. Since your getting tuned, you do have the option of the 65MM, or the 70MM. The 70MM will net more power, especially when coupled with the APS inlet.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TTTT said:
Hells yea!! you will definetly get more power with the CAI and Protune:D
So just to clarify, you're saying that a Protune with the CAI will yield much better results than the Protune with the stock air box? Where should I expect the benefits of the CAI?...upper rpm range or lower end?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
thats what i want to know also... i always thought the stock box with aftermarket inlet hoses are better than cold airs.. i have an 06 sti, where would the air come in???

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
you need to be careful about what you ask. Simply saying will it be better has many different meanings. Better compared to what? The CAI will be much better for you since you are getting pro tuned. Use it and get rid of the stocker box. The filter will be in your right fender well. This is not a huge gain by any means but if you start adding all of your little gains together, you get big results!! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts