IW STi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya,

Have already read numerous other posts but still unsuccessful... I have already hooked up the boost line (t-split, filter, and sender unit) and now I am trying to reuse the clock wiring for my boost gauge. I have followed the instructions to best of my ability but the gauge simply won't turn on when key is in ACC (ignition on) mode. Believe it should turn on, sweep and rest at 0.

I plan on installing this gauges with Oil Pressure and AFR prosport gauges also. Below is what I am following, am I missing something?

Instructions that came with Gauge:
Font Parallel Poster Paper Diagram

Clock Wiring:
Green/Red = Battery (Constant power source)
Black = Ground
Purple = Headlight power
Green/Yellow = ACC power (ignition on )

Cable Rectangle Camera accessory Fashion accessory Audio equipment

Wire Harness into the Boost Gauge:

Top Right = Power
Bottom Right = Sender Unit
Gesture Watch Automotive exterior Audio equipment Wrist

Connections Made:

Boost Red (Const.) - Clock Green/Red (Const.)
Boost Black (Grnd) - Clock Black (Grnd)
Boost White (ACC) - Clock Green/Yellow (ACC)
Bost Orange (Lights) - Clock Purple (Lights)

Yet, When I turn the key so ignition is on (ACC), nothing happens. I followed another thread on scooby net and switched Boost Red to Clock Green/Yellow and the gauge turned on when the headlights was on. so I know it has something to do with power source... Pretty sure I am missing something simple ??

·
Premium Member
See about
6,363 Posts
Fit you have to decide and inform us as to how you want them to work. Do you want them to be white or blue all the time, or white and switch to blue with lights on, or vice versa.

·
Premium Member
See about
6,363 Posts
ClockGauge3rd line
BatRd/GrnRedfuse
GNDBkBkGnd
LIGViOr (amber)'Activate blue
ACCYel/GrnWturn on

If this doesn't work you need to verify the car connector with a meter - say you shorted something and blew a fuse that you won't have voltage where it would otherwise be .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ClockGauge3rd line
BatRd/GrnRedfuse
GNDBkBkGnd
LIGViOr (amber)'Activate blue
ACCYel/GrnWturn on

If this doesn't work you need to verify the car connector with a meter - say you shorted something and blew a fuse that you won't have voltage where it would otherwise be .
Thanks for this! I'll pull out the multimeter tomorrow and confirm. Since I'm pretty sure I got the connections right as listed in this!

·
Premium Member
See about
6,363 Posts
FYI, I remember Having issue when I installed a set almost 10 years ago. But always amber matches GDs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heya!

Haha, perhaps I'll eventually say the same. Actually thinking now... obvious should have bought the amber gauges over the blue/white ones! helps keep colors uniform.

Finally pulled out the multimeter and discovered no voltage reading on the constant wire (clock red/green wire) so tried the clock fuse and getting OL reading (blown fuse) :( Which I don't know how it did, but oh well. At least In the morning I can replace it and try again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts