IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, can some of u please list your opinions on the pro's and con's of having heavier wheels than the bbs rims that come stock with the STi. cuz i was looking into some exel rims like the maj and the m-6, but i couldnt find anything on its weight. but i believe they are a little bit heavier. thanks a lot everyone.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Pro: None. The BBS are strong wheels, I don't think adding weight means another wheel is stronger.

Cons: Weight just for weights sake is not good, especially if there are other wheels that are stronger and lighter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i have gotten the rim's already, but i guess i'll just leave them on for the winter since it has the winter season tires on it. will these rim's affect the way the car handles or accelerates? thanks again

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
the heavier the wheels, obviously the slower they will accelerate, maybe not a huge difference, but... as for handling i dont know what to say? would a heavy wheel stay put better then a lighter wheel on turns? i guess it doesnt matter when 3000lbs are forcing down on ya ... *shrug* im just throwin out suggestsions.

Robert~

·
Registered
347 Posts
Pros: costs less, possibly stronger, chance of being better looking (nothing to do with weight). Oh, it could help you keep speed while shifting, I suppose.
Cons: takes more time and energy to accelerate, brake, and turn, makes the car weigh more (worse power-to-weight ratio)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks again. i'll try to post pics if i ever get my camera working, but if anyone wants to know they are going to be exel rims, either the Maj, M-6, or Daytona's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts