IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My STi idles pretty low (approx 500 RPM) when fully warm, sitting at a light.

Is this normal? It sounds/feels like there's an occasional miss.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
373 Posts
Warped/Dented Hub on my new STi

I have noticed a very low idle, allmost felt like a stall out was about to happen a couple of times.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
the manual stays it should idle at ~700. i get idle at 500 or a touch below the 500 mark. i've never noticed the feeling of a miss or felt like it would stall. i have stalled it moving off, though i would attribute that to operator headspace more than the car.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine usually idles at right around 500, with the occasional hiccup...I haven't thought that it was anything unusual, at least once the car is warmed up.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
That sounds about right. Most manuals idle down there quite a ways. And I get the same hiccup feel in my Celica every now and then, no big deal though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yea mine idles around 500 too and then around 700 if you have ur ac on. I get the hiccups too.

T

·
0 Posts
Ditto here, and I've managed to stall it a couple times also, although no fault of the vehicle's. :oops:

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Yeah that sounds like a problem between the seat and the steering wheel :lol:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Actually, the stock tach is off a little (~200 rpm). Your engine actually idles at around 700rpm, according to the ECU -> OBD -> SECS.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The tach has 2 marks between 0 and 1000 rpm. The first one (closer to 0 and fatter) is 500rpm. The second (closer to 1000 and thiner) is 750rpm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts