IW STi Forum banner

1921 - 1933 of 1933 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
8374 FTW!

I was thinking about upgrading to that but that seems like so much turbo for the street. my 7163 is very streetable in sport mode (20 psi).

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,922 ·
8374 FTW!

I was thinking about upgrading to that but that seems like so much turbo for the street. my 7163 is very streetable in sport mode (20 psi).
7163 is amazing for street. Specially on a 2.5l motor.

Imho, all you need on a street car.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,929 ·
Karlot, than you sir!

Jeremy, thank you.

Competition will be harder than ever. And we are at a disadvantage vs sydney teams because it is their home track 40min to cbd. Plus Vic government are a bunch of corrupt communists and we have spent 1/3 of the year in lockdowns.

But I will not think about that. We will do our best.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Sorry if I overlooked the details in one of the posts, but is that a cooler on the (I was going to say driver side) passenger side, front? If so, what for/how does it get air? And out of curiosity, have any pics of your brake ducting?

Build is looking fantastic :D

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,931 ·
Sorry if I overlooked the details in one of the posts, but is that a cooler on the (I was going to say driver side) passenger side, front? If so, what for/how does it get air? And out of curiosity, have any pics of your brake ducting?

Build is looking fantastic :D
Cooler on the right is the power steering cooler. Its just to the right of yhe front fascia and some of it gets direct pressured air. The black cooler on the left is the new 25% larger oil cooler. It gets air via left brake duct in the bumper.

There is small ducts adjacent to the disc for brake cooling. Brakes no longer get direct air from the ginabt carbon ducts.

Theoretically, any race car needs brake cooling. In this instance, we minimized it in favour of engine and ps reliability.

And thank you!
GIR have done a masterpiece. More to come...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
My BMW has brake ducting that just "channels" the air in the general vicinity of the rotors, and seems to work out. Not a lot of space on these cars to run hose, which is why I'm curious how other people have figured it out

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,933 ·
My BMW has brake ducting that just "channels" the air in the general vicinity of the rotors, and seems to work out. Not a lot of space on these cars to run hose, which is why I'm curious how other people have figured it out
I have something in those lines. Previously it was big ducts to the front plus those.
This perhaps contributed to using only two sets of oads and one set of front rotors over 10 years (extended down times should be considered too).

1921 - 1933 of 1933 Posts