10,731 Posts
Looks about right.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,929 ·
Karlot, than you sir!

Jeremy, thank you.

Competition will be harder than ever. And we are at a disadvantage vs sydney teams because it is their home track 40min to cbd. Plus Vic government are a bunch of corrupt communists and we have spent 1/3 of the year in lockdowns.

But I will not think about that. We will do our best.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Sorry if I overlooked the details in one of the posts, but is that a cooler on the (I was going to say driver side) passenger side, front? If so, what for/how does it get air? And out of curiosity, have any pics of your brake ducting?

Build is looking fantastic :D

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,931 · (Edited)
Sorry if I overlooked the details in one of the posts, but is that a cooler on the (I was going to say driver side) passenger side, front? If so, what for/how does it get air? And out of curiosity, have any pics of your brake ducting?

Build is looking fantastic :D
Cooler on the right is the power steering cooler. Its just to the right of the front fascia and some of it gets direct pressured air. The black cooler on the left is the new 25% larger oil cooler. It gets air via left brake duct in the bumper.

There is small ducts adjacent to the disc for brake cooling. Brakes no longer get direct air from the giant carbon ducts.

Theoretically, any race car needs brake cooling. In this instance, we minimized it in favour of engine and ps reliability.

And thank you!
GIR have done a masterpiece. More to come...

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
My BMW has brake ducting that just "channels" the air in the general vicinity of the rotors, and seems to work out. Not a lot of space on these cars to run hose, which is why I'm curious how other people have figured it out

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,933 · (Edited)
My BMW has brake ducting that just "channels" the air in the general vicinity of the rotors, and seems to work out. Not a lot of space on these cars to run hose, which is why I'm curious how other people have figured it out
I have something in those lines. Previously it was big ducts to the front plus those.
This perhaps contributed to using only two sets of pads and one set of front rotors over 10 years (extended down times should be considered too).

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,938 · (Edited)
It is a shame they don't make them anymore.

And, thank you sir!

Description:
First test. First drive since WTAC 19.

So many new things. New engine, cooling, turbo set up to name a few.

We went to a small local track. Objectives were to make sure mechanicals and electronics are doing what they were supposed to, while allowing me to get used to the massive changes.

Damp track, my first time there with TBAG. I concentrated on going through the check list while being aware of not going above noise limit.
Talking about noise, last iteration of TBAG had a smooth raspy and high pitch sound which I thought was quite unique. This is different, deeper tone but also a gravelly serration that from outside almost sounds like a 13b. I am relieved that the uniqueness is not gone.

We had a big check list of things to go through. Day went smooth, everything checked out really well.

Next test, we will be looking at the pace I can get out of this package.

As usual, GIR have done a masterpiece. With sooo many changes I was expecting at least few issues. But no, all systems go from first start to the last session. GIR went about their business with their usual effortless vibe, ticking checkbox after checkbox.

Really impressed with how the car feels. There are certain areas that I am just scratching the surface in unlocking their potential though. But that is a driver thing. I need to learn those areas and learn quickly as competition have taken good steps forward.

In other news, I am working with our good friend Ryan at P2P for a few spare motors. Details in August.

1921 - 1940 of 1953 Posts